Right side mirror doesn't dip or retract. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenzer

Reaction score
On my 2010 the right side (passenger's) outside mirror doesn't dip down when reversing and the assembly doesn't retract when the doors are locked. The actual mirror can still be adjusted from inside the vehicle so it is getting power. Any idea what the problem might be? I assumed the motor to retract the mirror might be broken but that doesn't explain why the reverse / dip function isn't working.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to reset / re-memorize its dip position again (you do that while reverse gear is engaged.) Does the driver's side mirror dip in reverse? If neither of them do, make sure that you didn't accidentally turn off Auto Mirrors Dip (or whatver that label says) in the Vehicle Set-up settings. Regarding the powerfold feature, it could indeed be a broken motor on that mirror, but sometimes the mechanism disengages when you inadvertently knock / partially fold one of the two mirrors manually. Have you tried folding and unfolding them a couple of times using the buttons in the car yet?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it ever dip? A lot of people think they have it because it's in the menu for everyone, but all LR4s are not fitted with it. Mine isn't.

tenzer

Reaction score
Did it ever dip? A lot of people think they have it because it's in the menu for everyone, but all LR4s are not fitted with it. Mine isn't.

I bought my LR4 second hand and it has never dipped for me. You are right that the instrument cluster menu shows is feature. My left side (driver's) mirror does dip when reversing which makes me think there is something wrong with right side mirror.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK then it should dip. Have you ever adjusted it? Put the truck in reverse and then set the mirror manually to where you want it to dip. After that, it should dip to that position. If not, then yeah, it's broken.

tenzer

Reaction score
Fixed! It was so simple that I feel silly for having asked the question. As suggested I put it in Reverse and adjusted the mirror angle down to where it should be in the dipped position. After that the auto-dip feature worked fine and the mirror housing retracts when the doors are locked.

Arizo78

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE and it dips in reverse but i do not how to set to where i can see because they go all the way down and i cant even see the curb, How do I adjust please help!

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Arizo78: Did you try the advice in tenzer’s post right above yours? Basically, put it in reverse, let the mirrors dip all the way down, and while they’re in that position just use the regular buttons to adjust the position to where you want it. The car should remember that position when you put it in reverse next time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM