Road Trip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally made it down to Orlando after a 13 hour drive. Everything went well with no issues, thank goodness. My only question is whether it's normal or not for the air suspension to drop just a little bit after long distance rides? I noticed when I would pull off to take a break or grab some food my tires would rub while turning left or right, but if I let the compressor gain air while parked the rubbing would go away. Is the slow drop normal? I know the Range Rover has a highway mode which drops the front end down.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual says it will lower the suspension if you go over 100mph for 5 seconds or more

racehorse

Reaction score
Finally made it down to Orlando after a 13 hour drive. Everything went well with no issues, thank goodness. My only question is whether it's normal or not for the air suspension to drop just a little bit after long distance rides? I noticed when I would pull off to take a break or grab some food my tires would rub while turning left or right, but if I let the compressor gain air while parked the rubbing would go away. Is the slow drop normal? I know the Range Rover has a highway mode which drops the front end down.

For reference, if it helps, I drove my lr3 to texas from socal (about 1,400 mi one way) there and back last month. No issues and no noticeable suspension lowering outside normal stuff the lr3 does when it sits parked. I was traveling between 65-85mph depending on speed limits - loaded with luggage, edgestar fridge and two other passengers.

metalslug

Reaction score
I've driven my LR to Mammoth,Las Vegas, San Francisco, Big Bear and never had a issue aside from that buzzing noise at high speeds that lots of people have exprienced. I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buzzing noise is sun roof air leak?

I've driven my LR to Mammoth,Las Vegas, San Francisco, Big Bear and never had a issue aside from that buzzing noise at high speeds that lots of people have experienced. I haven't gotten around to fixing it.
I have the perimeter of my sunroof taped with 3M +33 black electrical tape. This means the crack between the glass and the painted metal is taped over so I cannot open it; at least however, the noise from I guess an air leak that to me is un fixable is not there.

In my case, I think the opening in the roof is not quite the right shape for the glass. I am talking fractions of mm, but taping the joint off seemed the only solution. I tried taping around the perimeter of the glass and the inside of the opening but did not have any success.

My air suspension does not get tired no matter how far or how long I drive. It might loose a bit of air overnight as the compressor seems to start up in the morning and run for 30 seconds or so, (never longer than a minute), but other than that, the air suspension seems to work as it should.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, I think the opening in the roof is not quite the right shape for the glass. I am talking fractions of mm, but taping the joint off seemed the only solution. I tried taping around the perimeter of the glass and the inside of the opening but did not have any success.

I recall reading that there is a way to adjust the alignment of the sunroof. Not sure which forum it was on. I definitely have wind coming in from somewhere. I going to sit inside the car one day and have my son use a hair dryer on all the doors and sunroof to pinpoint where the culprit is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4