Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jdover

Sorry Joe but I'm 58 which puts you back in the youngster catagory. I also just bought a "new" 2000 Disco II and over the past few weeks have been travelling the logging roads on Vancouver Island. There are one or two LR clubs in British Columbia but I'm not sure I'm ready for them yet because judging from the pictures, these guys are serious and since my toy is still "new" I wash it when I get home.

R

RadRocker

Hey, the only age that matters is that of your Land Rover

D

discomike

Anthony,
Did you ever find the cause of your sewng machine noise, if not get back to me when you can.
Mike J.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, the Chattanooga L.R. service guys have had my DII for 30 days...They are tearing the motor down, and are also replacing my T-case. (all under the 50K L.R. warranty). The service mgr. David, said they think it might be a rod bearing, but definitely ruled-out a piston problem. They had to wait for 2 weeks to get the "special T-case", and said I was in "line for one". (it made a shifting "clunk" when backing off the accelerator at 40 m.p.h.). SOooooo, here I wait...I did ask them to replace EVERYTHING they could think of...like rings, push-rods, valves, water-pump, and anything else that shouldn't be used again on a total rebuild like this. They told me that L.R. used to just drop in a new short, or long block, but the $ was killing the co. (yeah). I guess when they call me to pick it up, I'll be a happy guy again. I just need to know what `EXACTLY was done, and how to break it in. Also, they are extending a 12K mile warranty on the motor and T-case...so after all this time, (and rental car )things should be O.K....any suggestions Mike? Thanks, Anthony

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hello !!! My name is Melissa, I am 23, and a third year law student in Oklahoma. Boomer Sooner Baby!! I have to say this site is WONDERFUL! I am glad to see a few names I recoginze, like Andy M, Sergei, and Mark O.
I have a 1998 D1 ( Henry) and I JUST LOVE MY ROVER!! I am in the process of lifting it (OME HD FRONT AND REAR) , the spring compressors are still in the garage; nonethless I hope to have him lifted soon. I am adding mods everyday, the most recent was the CB and the Hi-Lift.. Soon to come some diff guards, GPS V Garmin, and I really WANT A M12000 Warn Winch.. Its nice to know everyone!! THIS SITE IS GREAT!!
Best,
Melissa aka "the RoverChic"

A

andyb

Well I've just joined the forum...this is my first post here. So ~hello~ to everyone.

Check out my profile or sig block if you wanna a bit about me, or PM if you wanna know more :smile:

See Yas

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Andy! It's always good to see another Andy....

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM