Roof rack fairings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they help? If so, which one do you guys recommend? I notice when I have my roof bars up, there is a slight noise when driving on the highway.. looking for a solution. thanks

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so...you saying that I need to wrap my bars in that material?:confused:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what neil is talking about, but I've heard about the "velcro trick" quieting the bars. IIRC, you put it under the bars to disrupt the airflow and stop it from whistling...

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman: interesting. Because the bars are pretty smooth I can see the airflow travelling over the surface uninhibited and thus the whistling noise but with a rough surface like velcro that same airflow may be disrupted.. definitely take that into consideration.
On a different note, I looked at a Thule air deflector today (craigslist) but the brackets are way too small to fit over our wide roof bars of the LR. I guess I couldve mcgrubered a bracket that would fit but I thought I might be adding to noise problem if I didnt do it properly. The quest continues...

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what neil is talking about, but I've heard about the "velcro trick" quieting the bars. IIRC, you put it under the bars to disrupt the airflow and stop it from whistling...

Neoprene around the front to work as a valence, sorts out the noise :biggrin:

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1 This works, as does moving the front bar back a notch on the rails.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input..
Neild: now do I put the rack through the arms first or legs first of the wetsuit?:biggrin:

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input..
Neild: now do I put the rack through the arms first or legs first of the wetsuit?:biggrin:

BOOM BOOM: He's here all week folks!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635