Roof Rack Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Had the LR3 for over 90 days now and I am loving it. Today I was going to move the roof rack rails back a few inches to see if it would cut down on the wind whistle sounds at high speeds. I quickly learned that I needed a key to unlock and move the rack. The ignition key didn't work and it was the only one I got when I bought the LR3. Were do I get one (key) besides going to the dealership? Is it a one key fits all? If so, anyone want to see a copy of theirs? Any advise would help. Thanks.

FYI, guess I should have stated that it is a 2005 LR3 HSE.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roof rail keys are small luggage looking keys. They should have been with the keys you got when you got the vehicle, if the dealer installed the rails. If not, just go back and ask them for some. I'm sure any good dealer would hook you up with some.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. They probably have a master key for them, but they can also order new keys for the Thule locks (or whatever they are) based on the 4 digit code written on the lock.

If that doesn't work out, just go to a good locksmith. They can make keys for you.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should have been a case for the racks, and the key and allen wrench is in that.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The locks are made by thule. Any good locksmith can cut the key by the code on the cylinder. I had to have some made for mine this very same way. Also the dealer was no help when trying to get a key...

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far no luck with finding a replacement key. If anyone has the lock code N119, I will pay you for a copy.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon, all you need to do is find the 4 digit code, there are only 3 or 5 codes. They were cheap and worked for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112