roof rack light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteezTight

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used roof rack and I'm hooking up four hella 500's to it. I decided not to use the hella light harness' provided instead to use a simpler wiring scheme. Im running two lights to one switch, two lights to the other and all four grounded. I was wondering what type of fuse/relay I should use in between the battery and the toggle switch.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't the harness come with relays and fusing? If not buy a couple of 30 amp 12v relays. Amf, potterbrummfield, and many others make these. Typically are the same relays used in your rover, marine equipment, machine tool equipment, and ect. May be purchased at auto parts, auto stereo, motor shops, ect. Good for a million cycles in most cases. Make sure to buy the base to mount it and they usually will have crimp connectors with them. About six dollars each with base.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90