rotoflex coupler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd time this got lost but I was asking Joey if he know how to take off the parking brake drum so that I could get at the four bolts that hold the u-joint end of the rear prop shaft. The bolts are spinning around in place and I cant get the nuts off them to put the prop shaft back on. Seems that I need to replace or reanchor the bolts .

Any help or pointers on getting that c0enter lock nut lossened on the drum would be greatly appreciated.

97 disco, 130000 miles

Thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I suggested a torch for heat... since the bolts are more of a stud than a bolt. Center lock nut I have not had a chance to pull off in a while, so can't say for sure.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the nuts off the studs using a vice grip to keep the stud from spinning. Center Nut on drum won't budge. It's not a left handed nit is it?

Studs for prop shaft are spinning in place so I know if I try to re-install the prop shaft I won't be able to tighten the nuts. I have to get that drum off to replace the studs.

Thanks,

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I dont think you have to remove that big nut, Mine has a very large phillips screw (just one) off center but underneath where the yoke is. It looks to me like that is what holds that drum in place. It wouldn't take much because normally the pressure of the yoke being tight would hold it on. So that big screw is just to hold the drum in place while you install the yoke.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a good point there.

When the screw is removed will the drum just come off if the prop shaft has been removed?

Thanks,

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be my guess, although I haven't tried. I have the yoke off now replacing u-joints and rotoflex. I will pull the screw and drum to inspect the brake tonight and let you know.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. I'll be doing the job this weekend.
This will help.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too, just waiting on the rotoflex to get here. I just put on a p/s pump so I didn't feel like crawling under it to check the big phillips screw just yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635