Rover Specialities Sliders- Best Place to Buy From..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sliders from Rover Specialities look pretty good...
Where did you guys buy them from...
The Mantec plate and sliders are on my list nex...
I would appreciate any info input...anything
Chris

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony's a great guy.

If you need to get more pictures, details, etc. of them [pictures, movies, ease of installation videos, etc] you can get that info on our site as well http://offroving.com .

You're right, they are the best, toughest and most elegantly designed available.

There is a new "slim" version available as well for Option II & III.

CopyofSplash.jpg

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Slim" being narrower, once it's installed, which side width is reduced? Inside - meaning from outside, it looks exactly same as standard. or Outside - meaning outer line of slider is closer to chassis. or both?

thanks.

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the photo is clearly cropped which is misleading.

The "slimming" is from the outer slide rail to the rocker panel. Thus, the parts which stick out/away from the car stick out/away about 1.25" less than the standard version.

All models have the hallmark sill to frame protection and there is no change in dimensions there.

Thanks for noticing that so I could clarify it. I need Scott at RS to take a new picture for me.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
Is there one that does not have the bar sticking out?? or almost none???

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is called Option One. It consists of the undercarriage protection which goes from the frame, out to the sill and tucks up nicely beneath the doors. No door protection but undercarriage protection. Click thumbnail below for a larger image of it.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any of these allow for the front mud flaps??

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The contours at each end [end caps] of the sliders have different angles/profiles than what the flaps were designed to match. I've heard of our customers doing some "simple" mods to the flaps to accommodate the sliders but very few. I would say not, but have heard of customers who did.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony's a great guy.

If you need to get more pictures, details, etc. of them [pictures, movies, ease of installation videos, etc] you can get that info on our site as well http://offroving.com .

You're right, they are the best, toughest and most elegantly designed available.

There is a new "slim" version available as well for Option II & III.

CopyofSplash.jpg
Hey, that's me in there! :cool: (The extreme closeup). Love these sliders. They're the best.

I had front flaps on before the sliders and removed them when the sliders were installed. I thought about modding them to fit, but it wouldn't really work well. Modding the ones for the RRS is easier IMHO. My front flaps are hardly used at all. If anybody wants them, PM me for a good deal. They're practically new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo