Rover transformation stage one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
Sergei I thought that picture was a good ol game of melee(sp) but then I noticed the real swords, yikes!

Melissa you and ryan are back together? Why post a picture of Gary then?

Hey Nick that rover looks great. Personally I love the way it looks, just add a locker and some grippier tires and take ppl by surprise!

NXC1978

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle,

I like the sleeper idea, but I am used to wheeling with a 3" lift on 33's and I miss the extra clearance. This was my weekend wheeler... I took a picture of it one day when it was actually clean!
my-bronco.jpg

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
outdoorfever said:
Sergei I thought that picture was a good ol game of melee(sp) but then I noticed the real swords, yikes!

Eh? No real ones. Plastic makets and slightly flatenned aluminium tubes only. Cant walk on street with real one in Russia - good way to end up in police station overnight bag :) Whatever is longer than about 6" is strictly prohibited. Been like that for a while from early 70th i think. Nunchakas and chains were banned from streets back in about 1988.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckle knifes prohibited too btw. As well as lead gloves and stuff.

End of 80th been sort of resting on tidal wave of street fights and stuff like that - so they had to come after lots of potential weapons. Still - had my nose broken in 10 meters from my house one day. And i just went out to buy some stuff from shop.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway - back to mods :)

Are you sure you want those big tires? There will be some power loss over it. And its harder to brake.

Your options on gearing in differentials are pretty much 4.1/4.11 or 4.7/4.75. Cost is from about 600$ if you lucky, to about 1200$ if not. Plus of course usual bearings charges.
You can take less typical approach to those and then its gonna be about 350$ + bearings..

Differential gearing can be changed at different prices, starting from about 1-2K and further..
greatbasinrovers.com may be checked for those. Or if you got friends in UK you can ask them to shop around - Q gears with lower gearing available there for a tad less to my recollection

NXC1978

Reaction score
Yea, I know. I'm not too worried about the power loss, but I will more than likely upgrade the brakes to the cross drilled kind. Hope I don't end up going the ring and pinion route!!! That sounds pricy!

By the way, that sucks what happend to you... minding your own business and some a- hole has to start. Man it sounds like you have seen a lot of things that we American born citizens only hear or read about. That is some rough stuff.

Going home now, until tomarrow my Rover brothers and sisters!

C

campbell

Do you still have that Bronco Nicholas?
That thing is sweet! I would love to have one of those, but the wife...

NXC1978

Reaction score
Well sort of... I said I sold it, but I really sold parts off of it that I didn't want that were in poor condition. I still have the main parts of the Bronco and I will rebuild it how I really want it to be some day, not sure when though. I have owned it since 98' and I really have become attached so I thought I would do a frame-off restoration to it. So, yes and no since it is really not a whole car anymore. :frown:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM