Rusted Vehicles . . .

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Slam, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Slam

Slam Supporting Member Supporting Member

How many of these have you seen rusted? My friends swears that Rovers suck.

2. redrover51

redrover51 Full Access Member

I have yet to observe a Land Rover in the terrible condition that almost all the other makes are in at 15+ years old. I have not found rust in my L.Rs, (maybe a little frame-dust). Your friend is just jealous....if he owned one, he would also become a defender of the beast.

3. Sergei

Sergei Full Access Member

Sam - you live in Reno. One can get pair of jeans completely dry by putting them outside of house on chair in about 25 mins in Reno :) Rust can not live there :)

You can find piles of rust on LR in Europe - remember that LR shells were of aluminium on Diso in NA.. Check out 3 door Discos there and you will see plenty. But all cars rusting when environment is agressive to them. I remember seeing trucks (ford i think it was) nearly rusted through in Canada.. I keep seeing pretty crappy rusted Subaru's in Durango.. :)

Your friend aint got no proof :) In fact Diso's in NA will last longer than most of same year trucks b/c of non-rusty bodyshell.. Frame - is different story :) Waxoil..

4. Slam

Slam Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's what I am talking about!~

5. tmiller1

tmiller1 Full Access Member

I agree Sergei - I have seen quite a few LR frames with some rust on them (mostly around the trailer hitch).

6. Moose

Moose Full Access Member

Don't forget the rear gate on Range Rovers, and the Alpine windows on Discos....

But not floorboards like Jeeps or Fords, even here in the Great Lakes...

7. LRWheelman

LRWheelman Full Access Member

I have an S-10 Blazer that just gained another 1/2" of rocker clearance as I type this! LRW.

8. richrover

richrover Member

My D1 has some rust issues in the rear door seams and around the hitch area but it leaks enough oil to prevent any frame rust ....

I had a few ford pickup's that were rust buckets around the rear fender wells ....