Safari Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RANDAL - Got any pics of your Truck? Sounds Good!!! Please post them for us who do better with photos than words! I hate reading! :)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the photos on Nathan's site of the recent SCLR trip to Borrego I think it was. Looks like that was the trip where they took the photos for the Safari Gard website selling the sliders.
IMG_0098.jpg

There's only one pic though so far, and it doesn't show much. It would be nice to see some pics of the sliders before they were installed, or some pics of the underside, so we could see what they're really protecting. I wheel with a guy who has Safari Gard sliders on his older Disco, and they seem pretty tough. Can't wait to see the bumper options.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz, they also said that they will be out with a gas tank skid and lift options for the LR3. I'm not holding my breath on these items so the rod mod will have to do until then. I am also interested in what the underside of that slider looks like.

Last edited:

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted the guys at rovertym and asked about what products they were working on for the LR3 heres the response i got.

Enjoy

"Noah,
We have many products in the works for the LR3 currently we have a front bumper with skid plate assembly and optional full brush bar. we also have a 2" lift kit that is still in the beta testing and we are working on a rear bumper and rocksliders as we speak. A few things we are looking for in the future in swing away tire carrier for the rear bumper, lift protectors, 3" lift kit, and many more options. Let us know what you are interested in!"

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great! It's good to see that there is starting to be a little competition among companies who make bumpers, rock sliders ect. More choices and better prices for us.:biggrin:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great! It's good to see that there is starting to be a little competition among companies who make bumpers, rock sliders ect. More choices and better prices for us.:biggrin:

Totally agree! We all win.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I want to see an underside pic of the safari guard sliders.
thy look nice

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on that Anza Borrego trip with Casey and Safari Guard and was able to see the prototype in action. It is very stout, currently 2x2 steel, mounted just under the doors so they still open. Worked well, even as prototypes, even though the mounting behind the door did not run full length. I was assured the production model would do just that. It mounts to the existing body mounts underneath, similar to High Country's slider. I prefer the High Country for a couple of reasons...First, the High Country is 2x4, so it doubles as a side step for getting to the roof, etc. Second, the coating is truck bed liner, so it is easy to touch up scratches from rocks, etc. I think the 2x4 also keeps rocks further away from the door to protect it.

Of course, this is IMHO, and Safari Guard will make a great addition to accessories for LR3's, which will help all the manufacturers be competive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo