Scalloped rear tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pvenuti

Just put two new front tires on my 2000 DS2 and noticed that the two rear tires(formerly front tires 8000 miles ago) are Scalloped ?(every other tread is high low high low when you run your hand around the tire.) Is this a sign of suspension wear ?

Thanks

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
I have the same situation as well except for me, all four of my tires are like that, and the inner edge is very worn compared to the outside. I wondered if it could be the alignment though?

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no recommended tire rotation interval. I believe that is the problem. If you were to rotate your tires every service(7500 miles), I think it should alieviate the problem. It will cost a bit extra, but it is worth the money in the long run. The only alignment angle adjustable on a Discovery is front Toe. The only way the rear would be out is if you had suspension damage.

P

pvenuti

Ok I Think I will swing by the dealer and see what they have to say. I have no problem rotating every 3000 if thats what it takes. I was concerned that it was ware or damage to the suspension.

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotating every 7500 is good enough. Every 3000 will get expensive.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the tires somewhere that offers free rotaton and balance.... no extra cost.

I have mine rotated every 5k and they last well, the cupping is normal on a all wheel or 4 wheel drive vehicle. Wearing on the inside is too much toe out... it should be right at 0 degrees or toe on the LR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635