SE or HSE?

• SE V6

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Se V8

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • HSE

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Chawton white LR's....and I usually don't like white cars.

I looked at an 06 HSE that was white on Alpaca, but in 27k it had 4 owners....I would've been the 5th....that's interesting...

Learth

Reaction score
I paid $29k 1 year ago for an '06 HSE. Silver w/black leather.. 19k miles at the time. 1.5 years warranty remaining.
Did not include cold weather, HD or cold box.
Is that really more than an SE would cost with similar options, etc?

I priced them out on KBB and found the HSE in my year w/options retail value is $33.5k. The SEV8 priced without Nav, bluetooth and other options was $32k retail.. I'm not seeing much diff in price on these.

Also, is there anyone who claims anything other than getting a "great deal?" If everyone is getting a great deal, it really means you feel like you got a great deal but that you're paying the same as everyone else in general.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hello:
I like Chawton white LR's....and I usually don't like white cars.

I looked at an 06 HSE that was white on Alpaca, but in 27k it had 4 owners....I would've been the 5th....that's interesting...

I bought mine in January '09 at Jaguar-Land Rover Lakeside in Macomb, MI - I live in Northern Virginia (I flew out and drove it back in one day). It had been driven by the dealership's Service Manager and only had 8K miles on it - they slapped Land Rover Certification on it and I paid $38K total - I got a really, really, really good deal. I looked at HSE's but the dollar differential (+$4K-$6K) didn't seem worth it. I love the 19" rims - they're a really nice spiff. I have the Cold Climate package too which was a must have - so I ended up with the Tech, Lighting and Cold Climate packages - all of which I wanted. BOTTOM LINE - I got everything I wanted and it still only has 18K miles on it!! I LOVE MY LR3 - my license plate is LR3Z ROC.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $24K 14 months ago for a 2006 V8 SE 26K miles White& Alpaca w/EVERY option except cooler, nav, and HD. It was missing 2nd remote key, manuals, and roof rack attachments. Even without the NAV, I have sirius and bluetooth. This is the tool I used to find the best deals:

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/make...14580/vcond-Used/cpo-true/range-12500/prices/

This is a snapshot from back when I got mine. LOTS of trucks whith that same spec below that average $31K then and today.

Clipboard01.png

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $24K 14 months ago for a 2006 V8 SE 26K miles White& Alpaca w/EVERY option except cooler, nav, and HD. It was missing 2nd remote key, manuals, and roof rack attachments. Even without the NAV, I have sirius and bluetooth. This is the tool I used to find the best deals:

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/make...14580/vcond-Used/cpo-true/range-12500/prices/

This is a snapshot from back when I got mine. LOTS of trucks whith that same spec below that average $31K then and today.

Clipboard01.png

That is the best search for used cars Ive ever seen. Thanks for posting

Suma

Reaction score
Had to have V8 but had to settle on SE because I didn't want green/tan. Loving it!

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The H/K Logic7 will have two speakers in each box in the upper front doors. There are other differences too, but this is a quick way to tell the difference.

LOL @ Sponge Bob!

I have 2 speakers in the front doors do you have a picture? Mine are located somewhat inside the mirrors.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 speakers in the front doors do you have a picture? Mine are located somewhat inside the mirrors.
Making me work, are you? :biggrin:

Here is a pic I found online. The tweeter at the bottom of the A-pillar says "harmon kardon Logic7" and there are two mid-size speakers in the box in the door panel below.

5642_st0640_039.jpg

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks checked it out have the top speakers but says Harmon/Kardon no logic 7 and I only have 1 speaker in each door I think. Thanks for pic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink