se7 decal...model year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something Ive never been able to find documentation on, and since Im relatively new to rovers in general......
confused.gif

On Disco's why on the sides do read SE, SE7, SD and some say nothing at all?

Is it an option, or was it year dependent? - (I know what they mean, just some seem to have it - some dont.) Mine does not have it and I kinda want to add it. Can you get the decals from the dealer?

thanks.

D

disco1

The letters you refer to designate the vehicle model and the level of options available. In America, the designation is as follows:- SD, LE and SE. The SD is the cheapest model, followed by the LE then the SE. The number "7" designation means that it has a third row of forward facing rear seats, making room for 7 passengers. You can purchase the decals from your Land Rover dealer.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks disco1 - I understand what they mean..My main question is why do some Discos I see not have them (mine for instance) and many do?

Is it year dependent or an option to have the badging deleted?

Thanks

S

SteveA

Sam,

Some of it happens to be at the whim of the guys installing the badges. (too busy dinking his pint) Seriously though the 99 and 00 model Discovery IIs did not have any designation on the fenders. All early 99 Discovery Is were badged SD on the fender. In 01 they were badged on the fenders SD, SE and LE and then may have had the 7 as well. In 02,03 and 04 they were badged SE and HSE. There were a few S models that were badged, but most did not have badges.

You also have to keep in mind some of these vehicles may have had paint work done on the front fenders and body shops don't always do the best job putting the badges back on.

Hope this info helps.

Stephen

D

disco1

Design your own and confuse everyone.

Attachments

• Decal.jpg
    Decal.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics