Seafaom Treatment Gone Wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericksd

Reaction score
I actually took the two lines off of the throttle body and connected them together so there is still flow, just not through the throttle body. Some have been talking about the benefits of cold air intakes, so I'm kinda wondering if a cooler throttle body will help any. Anyway, I did get the repair kit in case I want to go back to stock.

I also did what Joey suggested and cleaned the MAF sensor with electrical contact cleaner. Took the whole thing apart and really hosed it good, then let dry for a long time.

I also took a heat gun to the warped air cleaner box and was able to form it back into shape. It appears that it is sealing, but I guess time will tell. I think what happened is the guy I bought it from had put the lid on wrong and with time and heat from the motor, it warped. I noticed it when I put the new K&N filter in, I had wrestle with the lid to get it on but thought it looked OK. I think the real contamination was from before this.

Maybe this is just my imagination, but it actually seemed to have more low end power when I put it all back together. Wondering if that may be because the air-fuel mixture is better now because the MAF is functioning properly.

Took the radiator out yesterday and got it to the shop just in time for closing. I'm waiting for them to call now so I can go put it back in. Kind of tough comming out, but not too bad using the shop manual. I just hope the shop does'nt tell me it can't be fixed because I don't know where I'm going to find a radiator on a weekend and my truck is hogging up my buddie's shop.

One last thing that I wanted to run by the group.

The most expensive thing wrong with my truck is the shuttle valve switch in the ABS modulator has failed. The switch (according to the dealer) is non servicable (new modulator assembly is $1800). I'm wondering if flushing the system may help unstick the switch. Also wondering what is the best brake fluid to use.

Dan

ericksd

Reaction score
Well, my nightmare has come true...

Shop called and said the radiator can't be fixed.

Calling around, but can't find one locally.

Gues I'm SOL...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Either find a used one at a salvage yard, or have a custom one made, for the price of a new one, you can have a custom one made for you... I believe new ones run aroun $600 unless I am mistaken. (this does happen once in a while, okay 2 or 3 times a day)

ericksd

Reaction score
Found one at Rovers North for $168, but that does'nt help for the weekend...

Maybe I'll just have to wait...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
$168 dang, they must have came down in price in the last 2 years.... woo hoo

ericksd

Reaction score
Just for sh#ts and giggles, I tried the LR dealer in Louisville. Not only were they open on Saturday, but they also had the radiator for about $200. Had to speed (from Cincinnati) to make it by closing time, but I made it. 3 hour round trip.

The one from Rovers North probably would have worked out to be about the same after shipping.

Anyway...I got it back in Saturday night and so far, no leaks.

Now for the final problem...

Flushing the ABS...What kind of brake fluid should I use?

Should I also use the Lucas additive?

I guess if the thing is still throwing fault codes, I can disable the system (as suggested by Joey). I have been driving all of my life with no anti-lock brakes, so I'm already used to it.

Dan

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Flushing the system, since it is a D2, I am not sure what type of Brake fluid they recommend, Check the owners manual and use that for reference.

As far as disabling the ABS, again since it is a D2 this may have cause other issues, since the ABS is used for traction control (I may be wrong on this)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635