Seafoam word of caution...maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

You said the magic word,"TRICK", but when found it is great.
Mike J.

M

MToomey

The picture that guided me...from the replies posted thus far...it does appear I may in fact be an idiot.

Trial and error has worked for me in the past with my Jeep, however, the Disco is a totally different animal.

I am in no way upset with any guidance received from this forum. To this date everything else I have learned from here has been highly useful and helpful.

If I am an idiot, please spare me the lambasting. The money I will be giving the dealer is pain enough...

Attachments

• land_rover 004.jpg
    land_rover 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 107
M

MToomey

Joey -

When I do get the Disco back I will weasel into the area I fooled with and take a picture.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Mike! Glad to hear you're doing well.

D

discomike

MToomey,
Good picture and advise. You can also use the small red vaccumn fitting shown in the middle/top area of your picture. I just attach a section of vaccumn line to that knipple and put the other end into a bottle of SeaFoam or 24K. I do meter the flow using a pair of plyers so the fluid enters the manifold slower, usually over 2 or 3 minutes. I found by doing this you get better results, won't stall the engine and or throw a check engine light.Take care,
Mike J.

D

discomike

Monty,
Thanks for the posting, yes it is good to be back. I have done enough medical stuff over the last eight months so now it's time to get back to wheeling, soon.
Take care,
Mike J.

M

MToomey

Well, here is a picture of what I did. I tried pulling the hose off where the arrow points. Yeeeeaa, heater matrix. Don't touch.

I will use the further guidance in this thread to properly use the Seafoam and maybe I wont spend another $1400 on an amatuer mistake.

Attachments

• 1021051352.jpg
    1021051352.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 71

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch... didn't know it was that fragile there... thanks for the info.

M

MToomey

Worst part of it...

The estimate was for $1500. Mel from service called me and was like good news. "We found out your heater matrix didn't need replacing, just the hoses. So you saved about $100 on the whole thing."

Ok. If the heater matrix didn't actually need replaced, how did I only save $100? You guessed it...$800 worth of labor to figure out that the heater matrix didn't need replaced.

HELL! REPLACE IT! Whats another $100?

Another great quote from the LR service folks -
"No one buys a Ferrari looking for a $29 oil change."

I wonder what kinds of cars the service dudes drive.

BTW - Joey, cold air intake? How'd you manage that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM