Searching for a roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any companies making a roof rack similar to the design of the Expedition Roof Rack. Or, what do you have and what features should I be looking for? I have a sneaking suspicion that the full length tubular designed racks (like the Voyager Rack) create a lot of wind noise, especially without the fairing. Is that true? I plan on having the rack mounted most of the year, while I don't need the THULE snowboard rack.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Urban Offroad rack and its 3/4's length and let me tell you, its like I'm sitting inside of a cave when I'm going over 55mph. I cannot stand it, in fact i take it off and put it on as needed usually. Which is a pain in the butt! Ive tried making fairings for it, but its so close to the sunroof its next to impossible without cutting the back 4 inches of the rack off and scooting it back on the tracks. It does sit very nicely on the roof rails though, doesn't add a ton of heigh and looks great! just my 2 pennies for the day

Steve

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had heard the bajarack name, but had never seen the rack. looks pretty nice and is fairly reasonable in price. Anyone else have good experience here?

also sunroof compatible?

Last edited:

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen a Baja Rack on a black LR4 today and it looked great! kinda kicking myself in the butt now!

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the baja rack on mine about 2 weeks ago and really like it. There is some wind noise but it's been exceptionally windy here in Dallas since the install. It is sunroof compatible.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    930.6 KB · Views: 261

aesopian

Reaction score
Rover Racks and Voyager Racks both have sharp looking equipment. None of their products appear to have a spare tire anchor. Does anyone know if they have this option or a roof rack product for the LR4 that has this option.

A locking device is preferable.

Thanks

dominicbeirne

Reaction score
Don't know where you are located but I am in stalling a Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray. Extremely low profile and the 42102 model can run full length of the Disco 3. Link to the product is:
http://www.rhinorack.com/AccSubCategory_Pioneer-Alloy-Platform-Racks_65.aspx

I didn't have factory tracks or rails so purchased Rhino's own tracks. 30 minutes to install both the front short and rear long tracks.

There are a lot of Disco owners in Australia going this route as they are light, full length and low profile.

Cheers

Dom

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you are located but I am in stalling a Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray. Extremely low profile and the 42102 model can run full length of the Disco 3. Link to the product is:
http://www.rhinorack.com/AccSubCategory_Pioneer-Alloy-Platform-Racks_65.aspx

I didn't have factory tracks or rails so purchased Rhino's own tracks. 30 minutes to install both the front short and rear long tracks.

There are a lot of Disco owners in Australia going this route as they are light, full length and low profile.

Cheers

Dom

Can you post some pictures with the 42102 rack on your LR3/4?

dominicbeirne

Reaction score
These images aren't from my disco but from other's here in Oz.

The large pic shows the rack on long factory rails.

The other pics show rack with Rhino tracks - short in front and long at rear.

Cheers

Dom

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image-798188515.jpg
    image-798188515.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 202
  • image-1339545773.jpg
    image-1339545773.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 204