Shifter tape access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to access the shifter tape on a D1 automatic. Its the black strip of plastic that moves with the shifter. Somehow, the black square gadget that secures the tape to the shifter lever got dislodged and the indicator isnt lined up properly. Thanks, John

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I fixed. What a PITA! Had to remove the console and get under the shifter bezel.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, if I would have gotten on earlier I would have warned you of the fun that was going to be.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I have to go through the hell he did to change one of the bulbs, in my LR you can only see the symbols lit up on the passenger side and not drivers.. Its a pain at night, cant see what gear im in..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not the easiest fix to change the bulbs, but not as bad... To me about 30 minutes, but that was because I just couldn't get my finger in there very well.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you pop off the plastic shifter cover (above the rubber mat) you will see the plugs for the bulbs... remove the plug and the bulb (read have fun) replace bulb, reinsert, replace cover...

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the cover just pop off? or are there any screws? I dont want to break anything..

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a think-edged flathead screwdriver, or a knife blade...it just sits in there, barely clipped in.

T

Tec3394

I need a new shifter

I need the black slider opiece for my discovery 1. it ripped and i want to replace it as well as the gear slector tape strips. anybody know where i can get the parts or what i can do?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112