Short in rear defrost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
I have a 2000 land rover discovery 2 and my rear defrost doesnt work I checked the fuse panel and the fuse was blown. Everytime I change the fuse the new one blows the instant I turn on the rear defroster....any suggestions. Im guessing there is a short somewhere, but where should I start?

toecutter

Reaction score
if yours is a d1 check the rear defrost where the wires plug in to the window,and see if any are bent or touching

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
D1 or D2 it sounds like a short in the wires... my guess would be either the plugs at the windows, or the bend where the door shuts.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Appreciate it, from what I can see the plugs at the windows look fine. It appears that the rear door hinges have been changed though.....could there be a pinched wire there?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be my guess

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Still could not find the problem. Took off the rear door and couldnt locate a pinched wire. the connectors at the door look fine. Any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to light bulb test the wires... start at the window an use a Light tester http://www.rvshop.com/12-VOLT-TEST-LIGHT_p_53872.html

and check the wires... you can apply power at the suspected fuse end and attempt to find the issue. Somewhere there will be a direct short, unless it is the switch itself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49