Should I buy a "buyback" R/R SC? Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazzcraig2

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am presently looking at a R/R SC, 2006 that is in excellent condition on the ext and int, with only 17K miles for a price about $10K lower than normal. It handles beautifully as well. However, I ran a carfax and it came back with the car being a buy back. I spoke to the dealership about it and they said that they have ran a 140 point inspection twice, and the car is in top form. The reason behind the buy back was, according to the dealer, the car being registered in CA where if a car is serviced for the same problem twice within one year, it is classified as a "lemon."

I'm not sure whether or not I should buy the car. The fact that is was a lemon scares me, but the price is attractive as well as the mileage. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

New Member; JazzCraig2

jstrattwilson

Reaction score
It has been my experience that dealers lie.......this one could be different though. Ask them if they will put you in touch with the previous owner.

Also, will they tell you what the exact problem was that caused the buy back?

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general, you are probably fine on the reliability of the car. I'm betting they've fixed whatever the issue is by now. But I agree with the previous post - you should ask what the issue was.

Having said that, the experience that you are going through is exactly what any potential purchaser will go through when you decide to sell this car. The question I'd ask myself is how long do I plan on keeping it? If you usually get new cars every 2-3 years, you will get hammered when you decide to private party or trade this car in. It is probably not worth it. If you are going to keep it for 6-7 years, then it will probably become a don't care.

-Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635