Show off your Discover 4/LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Finally, back on topic. After a trip to the beach and driving through salty sands it deserved a clean-up:

IMG-20110802-00089.jpg

And after 2 hours, truck is all clean back home:

IMG-20110802-00092.jpg

Is that a PUBLIC garage your LR4 is in?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 looks great. Wow, that's quite a car wash! :) I am curious, how much does a thorough car wash / detail like that run you in Panama?

I really am enjoying all these pictures, thanks!

Regards, David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see some more pics from proud LR4 owners
Hey alexcorral,

Did you see the pics of my LR4 a few weeks ago? I am planning to take more this weekend as I just received the HID kit and I am going to upgrade on Friday or Saturday.

Hopefully more pics to follow......

Thanks for sharing so many pics of your new LR4!

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last one I saw was one that's on a road by what seems like a lake... Looked great!

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Didn't you install there CV Ultra's a while back? I did as well. Just curious what made you decide to go with the HID upgrade. Are you doing it yourself or having it done? Good luck with it regardless.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Didn't you install there CV Ultra's a while back? I did as well. Just curious what made you decide to go with the HID upgrade. Are you doing it yourself or having it done? Good luck with it regardless.
Hey LRnewbie11,

I hope you are doing well. Yes, I installed the CV's a while back and really like them. However, after doing a lot of research and discussing this on the "HIDs Installed" thread, it really is a worthwhile upgrade. I also have two friends with newer model BMWs who did the DDM HID kit upgrade and they look awesome. It really is true plug and play and very easy to upgrade and remove if needed.

A few people on this list (baobay, ycharlie, etc.) did the upgrade and it really looks great. In fact, I think ycharlie has had these upgrades for years without any issues. Seriously, take a look at the thread and you will be impressed. I was very leery about doing the upgrade, as I thought maybe it would void the electrical warranty, etc., but the kit is very easy to remove. This is important for those with a leased LR4, as the plug and play kit can be installed and removed in 10 minutes. No need to have them installed, it's very easy to install yourself.

The CVs look great, but the HID lights are the real deal and look awesome. I am happy to give you more information, etc. I just got the kit yesterday and ordered extra headlight caps (those caps that seal the low beam bay) from Land Rover so I would have them when I switch back the CVs for service or warranty issues and when I return the LR4. So, it's a win-win situation and gives you the real HID lights.

I am going to take pictures of the kit and installation this weekend and post them on here for everyone. Let me know if you are interested, I can you give you more details. I bought the slim ballast HID kit, 35W, 6,000W. From what I have been reading and seeing, this is most like OEM with a very slight bluish tint.

I'll keep you posted!

Regards, David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd