Sirius/xm problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buffalorancher

Reaction score
just bought 2010 LR4 and the vin says I have satellite, and sirius/xm says I have satellite, but on my radio it only says radio. Not radio/sat like owners manual shows. Any help? Dealer said they show satellite also.

wthammett

Reaction score
Only that I share the same issue as you, 2011 HSE LUX with digital antenna on the roof and HD radio - but no SAT option on the radio...kinda sucks and the wife is beating me as she wants SAT radio, would be nice if it were installed from factory.

dogfood1

Reaction score
My 2011 had the same problem. Turned out my sat receiver was bad. I bought a used one for $60 on eBay and swapped them out. Works fine now. Module is located behind the passenger side rear panel in the luggage compartment, behind the part that looks like an arm rest. One bolt behind a cover just inside the back door on the passenger side. Gently pry plastic trim back, it’s 2 bolts and 2 plugs.

Let me know if you have more specific questions, happy to offer my experience.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
My 2011 had the same problem. Turned out my sat receiver was bad. I bought a used one for $60 on eBay and swapped them out. Works fine now. Module is located behind the passenger side rear panel in the luggage compartment, behind the part that looks like an arm rest. One bolt behind a cover just inside the back door on the passenger side. Gently pry plastic trim back, it’s 2 bolts and 2 plugs.

Let me know if you have more specific questions, happy to offer my experience.
You didn't happen to take pics did you?
Driving today in my MY13 and noticed I had no satellite option on the radio. I do use it and am subscribed. It was just gone. Got home and turned the car off and back on and it reappeared and was working fine. Really weird. I wonder if the unit is failing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9