Skid Plate-Slider question . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would be willing to consider a group buy on the sump guard if it ever comes out . . .

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On DISCO3.co.uk forum,when you scroll down on topics , there is a group buy section, underneath a sponsors thread.The guys screen name is NEILP and he promotes a company named GNprotection.Look him up.Great guy,great prices.Recant price for a LADDER was 90 Pounds plus S/H , for a forum member.I think it is pretty affordable.I have also ordered a **** for my new bushranger x-jack.(20 pounds,i think).
What I meant by3 or 4 rung was , basically, that they sell regular 3 step ladder or special edition 4 step.IMO four step looks that much better so I bought S.E.one.

Here's the link to the company web site:
http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk/

And his Flickr stream with pics of the products:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of their front plate. Note the slightly different shape of the hole across the top. Only difference I can tell.
4156781790_6655006b6b.jpg

Here's a picture of their ladder. Nearly identical to the LR one, except for the HUGE company name stenciled out of the bottom. Deal killer?
4155725253_f680a7ca3e.jpg

4155756771_ece11e2e28.jpg

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to be proactive folks. Just takes a little time and you WILL find good prices out there on this stuff.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I will consider this ladder if the build is much better and the price is very fair! However, I am very interested to see what the 4 step looks like. I'm assuming it extends to the bottom of the license plate area... I checked the flickr photo page and they only show images of the 3 step ladder...

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a PM from Neil and his price fro ladder is $150 plus S'H ,Protection plate will be set at $285 plus S/H.He said,if you set up a group buy ,shipping charges will be split within a group ,so it should be a lot cheaper ,than individual shipment.I think it is sort of an inside info regarding a protection plate,because it is not listed on their website .
I have a picture of 4 rung ladder in on of my e-mail boxes.It does not expend beyond license plate, it takes the same amount of space as regular.It is one more step added within top and bottom.Now , if i can only figure out how to add pictures here,we will be in the good shape.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...anyone have more info about those sliders they were showing off on the flickr page? They look a helluva lot like the RS sliders. I wonder if they cover the area from sill to frame rail as well? ...and I wonder what the cost is?

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you all think this skid plate compares to RASTA ($290) and MANTEC ($499)? Anyone know how it bolts on? Compatible w/offrovings frame-sill sliders?
I think BOAZ has the MANTEC and on another thread Trynian said the Mantec was thicker and covered more (how much?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo