Skid Plate-Slider question . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For just starting some off-roading should I consider Skid plates or sliders as a first purchase?

SKID PLATES:
RASTA USA is gone - must get directly from Isreal . . . Safari site not up . . . (??) thoughts on the two?

Sliders:
Offroving's go sill to frame . . . but $$ - is extra protection worth it?

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rasta may be available through Lucky8 parts. They are in the process of revamping their product line. Check with them. As for Off Roving, the RS Sliders are the only choice, IMO.

Bigs

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rover Specialties sliders are the way to go. I "use" the frame to sill protection 5 times for every 1 time I need the slider part that the competitive products offer.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good . . . how 'bout front skid plate vs the $1400(+) sliders for someone just starting off roading as oppossed to living it?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sliders are still a more often used/needed item in my experience. The Mantec front plate came later for me. BTW, I happen to know that a CA based company is developing a front plate to compete with Mantec.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I buy the truck in a few days, barring any unforeseen events, I will take it to a metal fabricator so that we can design some sliders and protection for the underside. The prices you guys are mentioning are scary! Has anyone here considered going with that option?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After tires and rod mod, definitely RS sliders. Worth the price. Paid for themselves on my first outing.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I buy the truck in a few days, barring any unforeseen events, I will take it to a metal fabricator so that we can design some sliders and protection for the underside. The prices you guys are mentioning are scary! Has anyone here considered going with that option?

Let us know what your fabricator says.

Trynian

Reaction score
I went mantec front plate first then Rasta transfer case plate then the RS sliders. All have taken their share of abuse but it really went in line with the difficulty levels I moved up to.

If you get serious at all you will get your mony out of the sliders.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo