Skid Plates...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Spiker?

Look at this before/after:

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...oops here is the "before." That's my DOOR! That white Disco you see is actually the reflection of the rig behind the camera.

Last edited:

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the Rover Specialties sliders and may go ahead and order them, but has anyone noticed any handling difference with the increased weight?

phurley

Reaction score
You may want to hold off for a month or two. Both Safari Gard (www.safarigard.com) and RTE (www.rovertym.com) are rumored to be coming out with sliders for the LR3 in that time frame.

You may end up sticking with the RS sliders but at least you'll have a wider range from which to choose.

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true about options. I'm all about choosing from a selection too. We were the first and set the bar high, but aren't the only game in town any longer. Still the best built of course :proud:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the Rover Specialties sliders and may go ahead and order them, but has anyone noticed any handling difference with the increased weight?
The LR3 is already in the 7000 pound range, so an extra ~170 pounds or so isn't going to make much difference. Besides, the weight is all low down at the frame. I wondered the same thing before I got mine, but there is no difference. It would make more of a difference to put 5 people in the car, not to mention anything up on the roof rack.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the skid plate for under the bumper
Looking at the Mantec, and Rasta. Is it just me or dose the Mantec offer a little more protection, It looks like it may go back farther? Which one is better for protection?
It looks to me like mantec for the front then get the rasta radiator guards and the front should be protected?

Last edited:

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drzjoint,

I would go with the Mantec. I just recently went through the process of researching and so on and ended up with the Mantec (installed it a few weeks back).

The Mantec covers much more area and (without having personally seen the Rasta) looks to be much heavier duty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72