Skid Plates...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Rasta made a front skid plate for around 400 clams.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was more expensive than that. I am trying to figure out if it's worth it. You can buy 8 of those plastic ones for that price! ...and they sort of do the job. I guess it really depends a lot on the type of terrain you tackle, too. Up here in the Pacific NW things aren't as rocky as they are muddy and sloppy. Tree roots and stumps all over the place and some rocks, but nothing like I've seen in some of Nathan's pics in SoCal. I suppose in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington that stuff abounds, but on the Western side of those states not so much.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tree roots in a forested rutted trail saw to the end of my plastic sump guard trim. Couple that with low temperature and the plastic clips holding it on all shattered.

I'm in the same Pacific NW as Houm and it's gloopy mud, forest trails and in my case a far amount of high country bog & trails (pull-pal country for me).

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy over in swampland confirmed as well:
[FONT=&quot]he only found one part number, KRQ500010 $653.47 w/winch. Part of G4 package.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]818.47 MSRP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Bruce Lee
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][no relation]
Land Rover Tampa
Tampa, Florida 33612

[FONT=&quot][email protected]

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
I thought it was more expensive than that. I am trying to figure out if it's worth it. You can buy 8 of those plastic ones for that price! ...and they sort of do the job. I guess it really depends a lot on the type of terrain you tackle, too. Up here in the Pacific NW things aren't as rocky as they are muddy and sloppy. Tree roots and stumps all over the place and some rocks, but nothing like I've seen in some of Nathan's pics in SoCal. I suppose in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington that stuff abounds, but on the Western side of those states not so much.

The plastic one doesn't protect anything it will tear off from the slightest impact. The mantec covers much of the plastic bumper also.

I tore off 2 of the plastic covers and scuffed up my bumper pretty good before I got mine in. So far from the dings it has, it has saved me from much more bumper damage

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm on pace to just get one new thing for the rig each year...and I just blew over a grand on tires and other stuff. So I'm gonna just ride out my plastic one this year and maybe the front skid will be my 2010 upgrade.

...I'll wanna paint it though!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I'll wanna paint it though!
:confused:
Looks great like it is if you ask me.:cool:
IMG_2891.jpg

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 is Zambezi Silver so not much point painting it.

Besides, if you need it it's only going to get all beaten up anyway! :driver:

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks great indeed; I think it would look even better in Black though.

Just how I'd like it; to each their own of course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72