Skid Plates...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking sliders. Looks like they are big enough to be a small step for children. Im torn between roof rack, sliders or brush bar but...the skid plate is nice too.
Children? You could put the entire O-Line on each side standing on these things without a problem. I stand on them all the time. :driver:

o0OBillO0o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol.. the Roverito has to do with our posting status. we're new so Roverito is this Forums way of letting everyone know our need to post here.

okay looks like you have the accessory fever like me. Where, How much, and total parts list to get to G4 Spec? recommend post another topic.

Snorkle, serves the same purpose as the dive equipment snorkle. buy it, since your almost to full G4 spec.

but really Skid plates, that is what we are talking about. I'd go with what anyone recommends here and looks like nwoods has done alot of work for you.

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol.. the Roverito has to do with our posting status. we're new so Roverito is this Forums way of letting everyone know our need to post here.

okay looks like you have the accessory fever like me. Where, How much, and total parts list to get to G4 Spec? recommend post another topic.

Snorkle, serves the same purpose as the dive equipment snorkle. buy it, since your almost to full G4 spec.

but really Skid plates, that is what we are talking about. I'd go with what anyone recommends here and looks like nwoods has done alot of work for you.

OK, now I understand the Roverito thing. Yea I am the kind of guy that has to have everything there is to outfit whatever I have no matter what it is and it has to be the best. It is kind of a problem of mine but I don't want things on the truck that don't serve a real purpose and I wasn't sure the snorkle really did anything. It seems to me that all of the electrical would drown out if you went very deep unless it is all sealed really well and maybe it is. As for nwoods, yes I have read a lot of his post and he definately seems to be the man with the answers. You guys have done this and no what works and that is why I am going to ask questions before I go out and buy something that is a gimmick. I bought the factory roof rack and a couple of days later I found the Wind Cheetah rack which I like a lot better and it seems to be better quality at a better price and now I am kicking myself for getting it.

Thanks for all the help guys!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rover Specialties is supposed to be out with a gas tank skid too. Mine looks
like S#%T and will not take too much more. Mr. Woods do you know when
these will be available?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it exists now, but I've not seen it yet. Santa has been rather miserly this year.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to John, he said they are still testing them.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so to clarify the question about the skid plates.... since tangents seem to be rampant here..

rasta's run $379 for the front skid plate
(and most everyone is recommending them over the others)

mantec (anyone know the cost?)
(install a bolt on or mod's required?)

Trynian

Reaction score
ok so to clarify the question about the skid plates.... since tangents seem to be rampant here..

rasta's run $379 for the front skid plate
(and most everyone is recommending them over the others)

mantec (anyone know the cost?)
(install a bolt on or mod's required?)

I am not sure what others the Rasta is being recomended over since there is only one other that I know of.

Personally I recommend the Mantec. It covers more area and runs about $550 from Rover North in Vermont when they have them in. They are the only importer of them in the U.S. at the moment. It took me a couple months to get one from them.

It bolts on with 4 bolts and no modifications.

I use the Matec front sump guard (under bumper skid) and the Rasta Gearbox guard. The LR3 already has a steel underbody plate.

The other items are rock sliders down the sides which I prefer Rover Specialties over the Rasta sill guards.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean r'o'ver north in vt ehhh? ill have to look them up. im up there every couple weeks in the winter.

thanks

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what others the Rasta is being recomended over since there is only one other that I know of.

Personally I recommend the Mantec. It covers more area and runs about $550 from Rover North in Vermont when they have them in. They are the only importer of them in the U.S. at the moment. It took me a couple months to get one from them.

It bolts on with 4 bolts and no modifications.

I use the Matec front sump guard (under bumper skid) and the Rasta Gearbox guard. The LR3 already has a steel underbody plate.

The other items are rock sliders down the sides which I prefer Rover Specialties over the Rasta sill guards.
I got the Mantec non-winch plate from Rovers North as well. Posted install pics to their forum here:
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4774&page=2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo