Skid Plates...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too bad it doesn't come in Black. Will it work in conjunction with the Rasta underbody skid? What is the cost?

Thanks!

Trynian

Reaction score
too bad it doesn't come in Black. Will it work in conjunction with the Rasta underbody skid? What is the cost?

Thanks!

Only if you cut off the front tong area on the Rasta plate like I did. The mantec plate is about $550 from Rovers North.

They are plain aluminum, some have had theirs powder coated in black.

Last edited:

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How tough are the sliders...

Threw this little video up onto YouTube from our website a while ago.

Took the Sport up and focused in on the undercarriage, etc. It may help any questions which arise about the coverage and strength.

YouTube - Off Roving with Rock Sliders

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recieved and installed the Mantec (non-winch) sump skid plate.

Took about 10 mins to install. Coverage area is great. Quality is great. Super thick aluminum nicely machined.

Bought from RoversNorth in Vermont. $549 done deal, no tax or shipping cost. Took about 2 weeks total.

Here's a link that someone detailed the install with photos.
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4774&page=2

TIPS: None. And looks to be worth the money.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the winch version of the plate that seems to only be available via Land Rover. No US stock according to my dealer in Portland so it's being shipped in via the UK. (Unless anyone knows of US stock or another source). They tell me it'll be 2-3 weeks to arrive. Stealership quote $750.

Anyone fitted this version themselves? LR dealer reckoned that the last plate they fitted requires some metal work vs just bolt on (per the non-winch version). Could just be dealer BS for install $$.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get the winch version and you don't have the winch you have to cut some of the bumper out to allow for the bracing which i did with a dremel so not too hard. if its the non winch version you should be fine. the install as far as i know is bolt on. i got mine brand new off craigslist for like $150 but that was just my luck

Good Luck
Noah

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the full winch/bull bar set up so hence going to LR vs getting the Mantec non-winch plate direct.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goto my link, RoversNorth in Vermont gets these parts. Call and ask for a guy named Les Parker, he was a big help.

550 for the non winch Mantec, I cant imagine the winch version being and extra 200+?

Trynian

Reaction score
I ordered the winch version of the plate that seems to only be available via Land Rover. No US stock according to my dealer in Portland so it's being shipped in via the UK. (Unless anyone knows of US stock or another source). They tell me it'll be 2-3 weeks to arrive. Stealership quote $750.

Anyone fitted this version themselves? LR dealer reckoned that the last plate they fitted requires some metal work vs just bolt on (per the non-winch version). Could just be dealer BS for install $$.

Land Rover Newport Beach CA quoted about $650 a few months ago for the factory winch version. They do not sell the non winch version from LR in the U.S.

As Noah said I think there is just some plastic bumper cutting that needs to be done.

My buddy has one on order from Rovers North right now for the Mantec non winch model and he told me on saturday that it will probably be mid february before it comes in. Mine took a couple months before it came in as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo