Sliders: Standard, Slim or Option One ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one ... what is your experience with the Option One , the Standard and the Slim,

I do like the Option one since it is almost hard to tell they are there ??
The door protection??? Does the bar alters the angles and clearance.. Does it serve as a step??? Is there big difference in price??

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stage 2 and love them. They can be used as a step and offer more protection of the doors than stage 1, which is why I got them. Slightly alter the clearance, but just barely. I have larger tires which gives me an extra 1" of clearance anyway, so it more than compensates. Hope that helps.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my stage 2's, but I think i would have gone with the slims had they been available.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gioing with stage 2 for more protection than the slim

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stage II and I have been very happy to keep the rocks that much further away from the doors :biggrin:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slider config should depend on how you want to use them. If you are regularly going over big rocks like I do, the Stage 1's are useful because there is nothing projecting out to get hung up on. However, if you are going between rocks and trees a lot, the stand off tubes are uber useful. If you are of shorter stature, the full stand offs are useful to access items on the roof or vehicle entry/exit (my kids liked them), but otherwise, I think the Slim option is a great hybrid design that allows protection against the "oops!" scenario, and yet minimizes impact to breakover angle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo