SLS steady yellow, slight lean to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999LRD2SALTY

Reaction score
Hello!

We just purchased a used 1999 LR D2 last week and have noticed the vehicle leans to the right slightly. The SLS illuminates constantly. We looked at the back axle and it appears that at some point someone has replaced the air suspension with springs. There is something that looks like rubber on the inside of the springs, but all pictures indicate this is clearly a spring and not part of an air spring. When selecting the lift/decent on the remote key ring, the vehicle does nothing. When selecting the Off Road button, the vehicle beeps three times and appears to do nothing. Would the slight lean to the right indicate that we have an issue with the ACE system? I have no ACE warning lights when driving the vehicle. I also have an issue with a constant SRS light, which I read indicates faulty airbags. I will be taking my LR to a dealer to get this fixed. We bought the vehicle locally and it has had a rebuilt motor, sensor replacement, starter replacement and replaced radiator. The owner did mention weekly check of the coolant and he just puts water in. He advised that before cooler temps, he would dump out the water and replace with a 50/50 water/antifreeze solution. The manual mentions the mixture, but says nothing about straight h2o in the coolant overflow reservoir. On another note, I am in LOVE with the way it drives. I love the captains chairs, the way everything is easily accessible from the front dash and the back seats are roomy enough to hold two Britaxx car seats (something our late 2001 Nissan Frontier struggled with). Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo