Source for TPMS sensors...Black Compos on a 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got shipping notification from Compo that my wheels will be here a week earlier than expected on the the 6th. <happy dance> Guess I need a set of 5 TPMS for a 2016 LR4 asap. Best source?

Thanks

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion.. they aren't needed. The amount of money you would spend on TPMS sensors could buy you an IID Tool with cash left to spare. With that IID Tool, you can disable the TPMS sensors to get rid of the alarm, plus have all of the tools like air suspension override control and the rest of the IID Tool functionality.

Just my 2c.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion.. they aren't needed. The amount of money you would spend on TPMS sensors could buy you an IID Tool with cash left to spare. With that IID Tool, you can disable the TPMS sensors to get rid of the alarm, plus have all of the tools like air suspension override control and the rest of the IID Tool functionality.

Just my 2c.

Thanks, but if I wanted to know about disabling the TPMS sensors I would have asked that.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that you can get them for about 1/3 the price of the IID tool. But still, kind of a snarky response for a 15 post guy, or anybody really.

Now for my answer, I got mine for my '13 at OEWheels for a good price. Problem is, the ones that they sent didn't work, and they have yet to send working ones. I've been gone for a week+, so if they are in the mail tomorrow, I'll recommend them.
I'm in the camp that sensors are pretty stupid, but I don't have the tool, and didn't want to look at the lights anymore....

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that you can get them for about 1/3 the price of the IID tool. But still, kind of a snarky response for a 15 post guy, or anybody really.

Now for my answer, I got mine for my '13 at OEWheels for a good price. Problem is, the ones that they sent didn't work, and they have yet to send working ones. I've been gone for a week+, so if they are in the mail tomorrow, I'll recommend them.
I'm in the camp that sensors are pretty stupid, but I don't have the tool, and didn't want to look at the lights anymore....

Snark is my superhero power.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, no need to be a **** about it. It was an honest opinion from myself and quite a few others on the forum.

TMPS sensors when I looked were about $100 a piece. x5? Just crazy. The only reason they are on the vehicles is because of stupid D.O.T. laws for vehicle manufacturers. If you can't tell you have a flat with an oversized off-road tire.. you shouldn't be on the road imo!

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, no need to be a **** about it. It was an honest opinion from myself and quite a few others on the forum.

TMPS sensors when I looked were about $100 a piece. x5? Just crazy. The only reason they are on the vehicles is because of stupid D.O.T. laws for vehicle manufacturers. If you can't tell you have a flat with an oversized off-road tire.. you shouldn't be on the road imo!

Interesting...not your opinion, but your need to continue to express it here after being so eloquently rebuked the first time. Please, continue...perhaps I'll change the thread title to "Why Surfrider thinks TPMS sensors are stupid".

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...not your opinion, but your need to continue to express it here after being so eloquently rebuked the first time. Please, continue...perhaps I'll change the thread title to "Why Surfrider thinks TPMS sensors are stupid".

Nice attitude, dude. I bet people are lining up for miles around to help you out now.

I mean, he was offering an opinion on something you didn't ask for, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Men, i was about to give a suggestion, but being that the OP is a ****** i will just keep it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99