Source for TPMS sensors...Black Compos on a 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To recap:
1) You're a 16 year old mormon kid whose dad bought him a fancy truck. Partly as a wedding gift for you and your 14 year old sister, and partly because he feels bad for you because you've never been very good at making friends.
2) You're too stupid to google something as easy as TPMS
3) You're going to have issues with this truck down the road and because you're a ****, nobody but the dealership will help you with them.

Good luck with all that.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To recap:
1) You're a 16 year old mormon kid whose dad bought him a fancy truck. Partly as a wedding gift for you and your 14 year old sister, and partly because he feels bad for you because you've never been very good at making friends.
2) You're too stupid to google something as easy as TPMS
3) You're going to have issues with this truck down the road and because you're a ****, nobody but the dealership will help you with them.

Good luck with all that.

OMGLOLBBQ!!!!!!!

1) You're a raging bigot and now the entire interweb knows. Congrats, I generally despise Momo's too, but the religion on a philosophical level, not individuals via acts of hate. Can we can work this out like Mormon boys, perhaps a Helena duel as I believe that to be historically accurate?
2) I googled the **** out of it, and that's how I knew to expect Surfriders pedantic idiocy and was thus prepared with such a snarky retort far in advance. Sorry Surfrider, that was really an unfair advantage I had.
3) It's a LR so of course there will be issues, it's why either me or my Mormon sugardaddy (can't recall how that played out) negotiated a 100,000 mile 8 year warranty so I really don't give a ****. I can drive it like I stole it until said milestones are reached and then trade it for something newer and shinier (oh look, a chicken!) so that one of you broke ************* can go buy it from auction somewhere. Hopefully you didn't just buy a Tuxedo Black 2011 EcoBoost F-150 with 99,0000 miles on it out of Utah with XD Wheels / Duratrac's, Bilstein's and a Diamondback cover on the bed. Someone somewhere is about to really regret that choice.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said I despised anybody. In my experience the few mormons I know are well off and spoil their little f*cktard brats to pieces. You sound like one of them and it's so very hard to believe you're an adult so I just did the math. If you feel like labeling 'roverman' an internet bigot, well, I'm prepared for that backlash.

You googled the f*ck out of it? "TPMS, Land Rover" Comes up with ~10 places to buy them on page 1. Like I said, stupid. Not sure why you don't just have your daddy buy them at the dealer since money is clearly of no concern.

Keep going, you're doing great. Tell us how much you can bench press...

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said I despised anybody. In my experience the few mormons I know are well off and spoil their little f*cktard brats to pieces. You sound like one of them and it's so very hard to believe you're an adult so I just did the math. If you feel like labeling 'roverman' an internet bigot, well, I'm prepared for that backlash.

You googled the f*ck out of it? "TPMS, Land Rover" Comes up with ~10 places to buy them on page 1. Like I said, stupid. Not sure why you don't just have your daddy buy them at the dealer since money is clearly of no concern.

Keep going, you're doing great. Tell us how much you can bench press...

I'm just gonna allow your Mormon diatribe to do it's thing because it's ****** epic.

Buying them isn't the trick is it? Sorting which 433 mhz TPMS sensor is the best fit for the Black Compo wheel is. Perhaps your search also revealed that there were issues fitting them to that particular wheel / paint combo? I assume it must seeing how you came up with 10 options to buy sensors on the interwebs all by yourself. Anyway...have you given the Helena Duel option any thought?

****** Please refrain from cursing on the forum. at least add *'s so it isn't boldly visible to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that definitely sounds more involved than my search was. Sit tight, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that will be eager to help you shortly...

I don't think anything you say could be offensive. But I do feel some measure of pity for you, so there's that.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we in high school? lol...

Back to topic. I too have a 2016 LR4 with Compos from my old 2013 LR4 and obviously the old tpms didn't work. I called several tpms manufactures and they all told me that LR actually has 2 different 433mhz tpms for 2016 models and aftermarket tpms is not yet available for the new LR4 yet. They said the previous 433mhz may work but not guaranteed. At this point, I will just reuse the stock tpms on the Compos and be done with it. I thought about just using getting the IID to get rid of the sensor but I like to know when the air is low. Obviously, if the tire is completely deflated, I would know but in my experience the tpms warns you when the pressure dips below 25psi which would be a good early warning indication that something is wrong. I don't care how sensitive your ass may be, without the warning light, you are not going to know if there is a slow leak.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we in high school? lol...

Back to topic. I too have a 2016 LR4 with Compos from my old 2013 LR4 and obviously the old tpms didn't work. I called several tpms manufactures and they all told me that LR actually has 2 different 433mhz tpms for 2016 models and aftermarket tpms is not yet available for the new LR4 yet. They said the previous 433mhz may work but not guaranteed. At this point, I will just reuse the stock tpms on the Compos and be done with it. I thought about just using getting the IID to get rid of the sensor but I like to know when the air is low. Obviously, if the tire is completely deflated, I would know but in my experience the tpms warns you when the pressure dips below 25psi which would be a good early warning indication that something is wrong. I don't care how sensitive your ass may be, without the warning light, you are not going to know if there is a slow leak.

I ended up ordering from BP Utah. They went on with no fuss and worked the trick.

http://www.britishpartsofutah.com/Land-Range-Rover-Sport-Evoque-LR4-TPMS-LR066378-p/rctpms2w.htm

Also of note, gambled on some cheap ebay center caps and they are a perfect fit and near perfect color match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161882164768

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion.. they aren't needed. The amount of money you would spend on TPMS sensors could buy you an IID Tool with cash left to spare. With that IID Tool, you can disable the TPMS sensors to get rid of the alarm, plus have all of the tools like air suspension override control and the rest of the IID Tool functionality.

Just my 2c.

Sweet! I already have the IID Tool. When my winter wheels's (bought off ebay with working sensors) sensors die off, I'll just disable them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4