Spare Tire Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody installed one of these? I'm starting to get tired of moving my spare from
underneath to my roof, then back underneath again.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know one who mounted it, and generally it worked well, but he said that on bumpy roads, the tires would shake and rattle a bit up against the door.

Personally speaking, I think it's silly to put the tire on that side. Most Jeeps are the same way. I never understood it. Why would you want to swing the tire towards you if you are loading the truck from the side of a curb? Wouldn't it just get in the way? Plus, with the LR3, you loose your nice low spot in the rear glass that provides that nice bit of visabiity when reversing.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mr. Woods. My biggest concerns would be the vibration from
the weight of the tire as you have stated, and the the driving characteristics of the truck changing. The vibration against the door on bumpy roads is enough for me to steer away
from this product. HMMM maybe sliders would be a better option. :hmmmm:

squarecircle

Reaction score
Greetings duckdive, >>>> Check your 'private messages'. >>>> Regards >> squarecircle.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks squarecircle, will be in touch soon. You must be in the San Diego area.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90