Spare wheel/tire options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local classifieds had one for $100 a few weeks ago and I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's right, Dave. I don't know what the difference is/was between my X5 rim and the one you tried...they must've had different styles and maybe I just got lucky! I have seen the rim on my rig with the lugs through the holes, so I know that there is some 18" X5 rim style that fits. I didn't look closely at the hole surface to see if they were concave or not, but mine is a "get home spare" so I wouldn't care regardless...

I'm the guy that went with the X5 RIM that didn't fit . . . for me it turned out that the holes for the lugnuts in the rim were not big enough for the LRs lugnuts to fit.
Also noticed that the rim I had had concave holes, and the lugnuts are flat, not convex, so even if the fit, I didn't think contact would be too good . . .

-David

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 wheels I'd like to sell - they are the OE 18" wheels, like the one in the photo that krizza91 posted. I only needed one but the seller wouldn't split the set so now I've got 3 I don't need. If I recall correctly two are in perfect condition and one has VERY minor scuffs - all have center caps & no tires. Located in Phoenix AZ, but I'm willing to ship if your not local.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that its a low quality reproduction. There's quite a bit that goes in to developing & manufacturing a high quality wheel... I doubt it's the "real" deal.

You may not even be able to order it... I have tried to get a Ford GT wheel from a few on line stores only to find out it's not available.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if its the real deal or not? Other than the price being a possible hint?

Trynian

Reaction score
looks like most of their stuff is reconditioned OEM so probably real. Look at their bumper covers etc. Also read their info sections where they talk about reconditioning.

Based out of Texas, Give em call and find out.

Last edited:

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it when I can do my part for the environment! Especially since my vehicle's average gas mileage is about 10. FACTORY RECONDITIONED IS FOR ME.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4