Spark Plug Replacement-LR3-4.0L-V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowwhite

Reaction score
Good day all:, I am new to the Rover World and would just like some insight from the everyday experts here. I purchase for my wife a 2006 LR3 SE with the 4.0L V6, it currently has 76,000 miles. Took it in for an inspection to LR and they advised that the spark plugs are in urgent need of replacement. Looking at the maintenance manual spark plugs are changed at 90,000 miles. They are the original spark plugs from what I gather on the vehicles history.

My question to the experts here is what type of spark plugs should I be replacing the factory originals with? I would like to stay with OEM that came with the LR3 but is there a better alternative that I should consider?

How easy is it to change the LR3 spark plugs would be the next question?

I appreciate your comments and insight

Snow White

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally change my spark plugs every 20k miles. Cheap insurance to ensure your getting good spark and no denotation

AZ LR3

Reaction score
I personally change my spark plugs every 20k miles. Cheap insurance to ensure your getting good spark and no denotation

With extensive experience like that what about the questions? What plugs? Is it difficult? How so?

snowwhite

Reaction score
Thank you Perkj, I agree with your comment that the spark plugs should definately be changed prior to the 90 miles stated in the service manual interval .....But I agree with AZ LR3, what spark plugs do you recomend? and how difficult of a service is this to perform?...... does anyone in the forum know what are the factory oem spark plus for the 4.0 litre V6 in a 2006 LR3?

Thanks again
Snow white

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the NGK IFR5N10 #7866 spark plugs. These are the factory plugs you get from Land Rover for the LR3 V8, but using the NGK plug number you can pick them up much cheaper. Changing out the plugs is as easy as any other car with coil-packs

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does it usually cost to have plugs replaced...

snowwhite

Reaction score
gmoney, thanks for the comment, the spark plug replacement service, is a special service interval #5, which here in Canada will cost about $300 plus applicable tax at the land rover delership.

Just seeing if anybody out there still has some information about the V6 4.0L spark plugs and actually how much time does it take to perform this service.

Snow White

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM