Speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my new 2017 Range Rover Sport HSE TD6.

For me, the speakers stop working when the temperature drops below 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

I assume the temperature drop affects the Harmon Kardon amp.

The speakers eventually start working again once the car warms up for ~60 minutes and after I restart the car.
I suspect that you have a crack in a printed circuit board of the amp. Cooler weather opens up the printed circuit and then it closes back up with an increase in temperature.

If if stops for good, do a Goggle for Land Rover amp/radio repairs - there is an outfit in the States that know what to fix - kind of a common problem - the crack that is, so you can get your radio going again.

It was chilly up here over Christmas - temps down to -20F for a couple of weeks and -30 for a few days and my radio worked OK; also the heaters fortunately.

Main street is deserted for a reason - local ski area in southern British Columbia, Fernie BC - was cool over Christmas and at home, even cooler.

Fernie Victoria Avenue.jpg

Disco3 Drew

Reaction score
I have not yet tried the hard rest. Ill do that this evening.
I do have another question however. Should my amp if functioning properly be giving off a red light or should there only be a red light going INTO the amp?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not yet tried the hard rest. Ill do that this evening.
I do have another question however. Should my amp if functioning properly be giving off a red light or should there only be a red light going INTO the amp?
I guess I do not know much about the amplifier under the passenger seat as to date, on my 3, it is still working.

It sounds like this red light is on your amp somewhere or is the light on the dash?

At any rate, a hard reset fixes more problems than it creates and costs nothing so good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM