Steering and throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

My 06 HSE is with the service for a few things so I am driving a loaner LR3 (06 HSE with around the same mileage as mine). The first couple of things that I noticed as I drove off the lot in the loaner was the steering and the throttle. The steering felt much lighter and easier to turn compare to my truck. Also, the throttle pedal felt lighter as well needing less force to press.

Just wondering if its a matter of break-in and if these two things will get lighter in my truck as well over time. The loaner is exactly the same trim and model year as mine (just without the HD pkg) and has around the same mileage as mine though, mine has about 100 miles more. I felt the same way about the doors, easier to close. Dont care about the doors as much but the throttle and steering definitely feels better when they are lighter.

Any body else noticed any thing similar or other differences in the loaners that they have had? I would appreciate any thoughts...dddd

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice little difference when using other LR3 vehicles... however, tire pressure impacts the ride and streering. (I notice plenty of difference when these are tweaked.)

The throttle is drive-by-wire, so your pedal is not much more than a variable electronic switch.

In reality, if you think there is a real "problem" -- continue to work with your dealer. But based on your previous posts, you seem to be far more paranoid than most. :smile: Make sure you've eliminated placebo effect.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM