Steering wheel phone buttons not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week, I was on my cell via Bluetooth and noticed that the phone buttons on the steering wheel weren't working. It wouldn't hang up when I pressed the red "hang up" button. Had to use the LCD screen. Tried to make a call using the green button -- didn't work either. Then next time I started the car, it worked again. So far, I haven't figured out what is causing it to fail, but I've been testing it for the past week and on 3 occasions, the buttons didn't work. However, the voice activation button does work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Last edited:

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't followed any of this on this Forum, but in the shop here, the first thing we do on any Bluetooth issue, is delete the car from the phone and phone from the car - start all over.
This has 'fixed' quite a few vehicles.
The theory I got from the engineers is that as the manufacturers update, you can get some inconsistencies, and then things get weird. Blackberries seem to be the worst...
Somehow the commands aren't understood,
Whatever the reason, it's free, only takes a few minutes, and worth a try.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week, I was on my cell via Bluetooth and noticed that the buttons on the steering wheel weren't working. It wouldn't hang up when I pressed the red "hang up" button. Had to use the LCD screen. Tried to make a call using the green button -- didn't work either. Then next time I started the car, it worked again. So far, I haven't figured out what is causing it to fail, but I've been testing it for the past week and on 3 occasions, the buttons didn't work. However, the voice activation button does work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I also have the same problem. It has happened a few (2-4) times so far. Annoying when it happens but since it has been very intermittent, I haven't taken it in for it yet.

Rebel17

Reaction score
I had the same issue recently. Re-pairing the phone did the trick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM