Stereo Buzzing Uncontrollably

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last weekend, went to take the missus out for a little drive, stop by the grocery store etc. Got in the LR4, pressed START, and the loudest, most ungodly static/buzzing/high pitched screech came out of all speakers, at near max volume, simultaneously. Didn't matter if the engine was running or not, or if the stereo was on or not, or what audio source was selected.
Finally it stopped, after driving around a little (by myself, the missus was running for the hills, scared off by the demons possesing the stereo), opening and closing a variety of doors, locking and unlocking. 15 minutes of audio hell. Like being at a Bieber concert (boom!).....
Has not happened again, but dropping it off today for scheduled oil change, the service dept said that they got a TSB on this issue, apparently a wire in/around the drivers door is unshielded, is grounding, and trying to ruin my hearing.
So its not possessed then. Just a dodgy wire...

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last weekend, went to take the missus out for a little drive, stop by the grocery store etc. Got in the LR4, pressed START, and the loudest, most ungodly static/buzzing/high pitched screech came out of all speakers, at near max volume, simultaneously. Didn't matter if the engine was running or not, or if the stereo was on or not, or what audio source was selected.
Finally it stopped, after driving around a little (by myself, the missus was running for the hills, scared off by the demons possesing the stereo), opening and closing a variety of doors, locking and unlocking. 15 minutes of audio hell. Like being at a Bieber concert (boom!).....
Has not happened again, but dropping it off today for scheduled oil change, the service dept said that they got a TSB on this issue, apparently a wire in/around the drivers door is unshielded, is grounding, and trying to ruin my hearing.
So its not possessed then. Just a dodgy wire...
I have run into this problem a couple of times and when I turned off the HD it disappeared. If I turned the HD back on after a few hours the issue would disappear.

lately I just leave the HD off, not work it anyhow.
Jim

dad2five

Reaction score
Will file that away for future reference

Thanks for the info.

I have to ask though, cuz I've an idea what it means but seen it often enough that I should know for sure.

T.S.B. means...

Transportation Safety Board?
Technical Service Bulletin?
Tasty Sausage Burritos?

I suspect its #2, and that it's an update from Land Rover about glitches/gremlins that need attention. Am I right?

dad2five

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I have to ask though, cuz I've an idea what it means but seen it often enough that I should know for sure.

T.S.B. means...

Transportation Safety Board?
Technical Service Bulletin?
Tasty Sausage Burritos?

I suspect its #2, and that it's an update from Land Rover about glitches/gremlins that need attention. Am I right?

dad2five
Close - it's actually a Toasty Savory Burrito.
Technical Service Bulletin I assume. Thats what they call 'em at dealerships I think, so you know, gotta use the lingo if you want to hang with the cool kids.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run into this problem a couple of times and when I turned off the HD it disappeared. If I turned the HD back on after a few hours the issue would disappear.

lately I just leave the HD off, not work it anyhow.
Jim
Good to know. This morning, I was listening to news on an AM station in HD. It would play for a little bit, then the last sound would get stuck and it would repeat that sound continuously and annoyingly. I switch to FM HD, same thing. After a while of toggling back and forth, I switched to CD for a little bit, then switched back and it seems to have "fixed" it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge