Strange thumping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know when you are driving the down the road and you drive over the road reflectors that correspond to the road lines..whether they are white or yellow reflectors? When you drive over them, there's the "thud thud thud" sound and depending on how fast you drive, will effect the "thud-iness"? Well, Ive noticed that I have been getting that exact same noise coming from my 05 LR when I am going around a short curve. Usually, around 40-60km/hr and on a short curve whether left or right, the sound would come (I know not from the front because i dont feel it in the steering) but sounds like either in the middle or rear of the truck. Ive brought it in to the mechanics and to the stealership but they can never replicate it (TYPICAL!). And before anyone suggest that I stop driving over the reflectors on the curves.. there are none.
Anyways, just wondering if anyone ever had the same type of problem before.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire has a knot in it, or separating from the tire, could also be on the inside so harder to spot.

Rear Diff (possibly with a broken gear) They make more noise when going around a curve when acting up.

Tire balance issue, or rim issue.

Drive shaft problem..

That's a start.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tlt, I'll bring it up with the stealership when I go in for my final warranty make over when it expires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635