Suggested LR3 Mods??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3CO

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the LR world and would like some opinions. I've had an 05 LR3 SE for approx 8 months and am now starting to hit some trails here in CO. I just installed 265/60/18 Wrangler S.A.'s and love them.
Anyone in CO and familier with our trails have any suggestions on my next mod? I've read extensively and have plenty of trail experience and automotive knowledge, just no LR experience. I'll probably never get into anything extreme and must maintain street performance. I'm thinking I might want rock sliders? Thoughts from LR3 owners in Colorado?? THANKS.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the LR world and would like some opinions. I've had an 05 LR3 SE for approx 8 months and am now starting to hit some trails here in CO. I just installed 265/60/18 Wrangler S.A.'s and love them.
Anyone in CO and familier with our trails have any suggestions on my next mod? I've read extensively and have plenty of trail experience and automotive knowledge, just no LR experience. I'll probably never get into anything extreme and must maintain street performance. I'm thinking I might want rock sliders? Thoughts from LR3 owners in Colorado?? THANKS.

Not from CO, but have the GY S.A's with ~25k and love them. I'll be in Leadville for the LRNR end of this month and would highly recmd if you can make it.

As far as mods go all I have is front skids from Britsh Pacific, transfer case protection from High Country off road and a 10 mm sensor rod mod that gives ~1.5i n extra height.

Link to HCOR
http://www.hicountryoffroad.com/Products/LR3/Skid_plates/LR3_skidplate.htm

Another link with wealth of info.... Nathan is a fountain of knowledge in all things LR3 related :)
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/

HTH

Cheers
John in NE Ohio

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
under body protection and the modified rods Would be my recommendations.
If you want a set of rods let me know I make them.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, do you have a pic of your truck? I'm thinking of getting the SA as well, would love to see what it looks like with the lift. Don't know off hand the Pmetric sizes, but did you get the 30.5" or the 31.5 inch ones?
Thx.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, do you have a pic of your truck? I'm thinking of getting the SA as well, would love to see what it looks like with the lift. Don't know off hand the Pmetric sizes, but did you get the 30.5" or the 31.5 inch ones?
Thx.

Roverman.... My SA's are the 30.5" and they've been great in snow ,mud,on ice, and on trails in CO (Montrose 07 and will run them again at Leadville end of this month) very quiet on road and are holding up very well . Unfortunately no pics yet with the lift but here's one that's close to my new Off road height (driver front) HTH

472392044_hNkiF-XL.jpg

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went though this same exercise in prep for a off road trip. pricey but I thought worth it - rover specialties sliders( I went with opt2 slim). Mantec sump guard, short rod mod, general at2 tires, shackles, tow strap, air compressor, etc...I was able to keep up with two jeep wrangler rubicons with little problem. You will be impressed with the LR3 capabilities.

Rausch%20005.jpg
Rausch%20011.jpg
Rausch%20031.jpg

LR3CO

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I think I'll eventually end up with rods, sliders and skidplates.
Roverman- here are a couple of pics of my 30.5" (265/60/18) SA's. at off-road height (no rod mod) with some articulation. Bought them on Friday and beat them brutally on Saturday and Sunday- drove in mud, on washboarded dirt roads, highway and lots of rocks- awesome rubber!
SORRY- HAVE TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO POST THESE PICS- TOO BIG...

LR3CO

Reaction score
Doc,
how much for the rods? How much actual lift when installed? Seems like a perfect modification for trail use...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4