Suggested LR3 Mods??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5-2" of lift your norm mode is off road height and off road height is ext mode height.
160.00 shipped to your door.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a great trail mod! I paid nearly double that and still thought they were worth every penny. The rig cleared EVERYTHING the Jeep rubicons with me could and more, but every time my lr3 unintentionally reverted back to normal mode (old off road height) I would bottom out everywhere. amazing what an extra 2" can do!! <-- Sorry sounds that the spam I got this morning.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would your LR3 revert to normal mode? Speed?....gotta stay on top of it!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think it was speed. Maybe switching between rock-crawl and mud&ruts resets the height. I was a bit hung over so Im sure it was user error.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that once you set it to off-road height it will stay there no matter what TR mode you select....on the contrary if you have it in normal height and select a new TR mode such as Rock Crawl or Mud/Ruts it will raise by itself.

Trynian

Reaction score
I think that once you set it to off-road height it will stay there no matter what TR mode you select....on the contrary if you have it in normal height and select a new TR mode such as Rock Crawl or Mud/Ruts it will raise by itself.

It also acts different weather you are in low gear or high. In low gear it wants to keep you in offroad height more.

For example if you are in high or regular gear and you switch to mud and ruts or the other high gear choices you will not go into offroad height automatically. It is easy to pop back into regular height when not in low gear and switching hte TR around.

In low gear any change in the TR will put you into offroad height.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRZjoint,
How often do you advise having an alignment done with the mods. And what are the pros and cons of running them all the time and what would happen if you find yourself in deep mud and it wanting to go to super extend mode. Thinking about getting a set and assume you to be quite knowledgeable about them.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can answer your super extended mode question....it still exists by nature but not by name. I mean, if you've got the rods on and are in Off-road Height and get high-centered the LR3 will still raise up and that will be fine. This is now, by name, extended mode...but by nature it's actually super-ex mode. Make sense? If you try to raise beyond this by pressing the footbrake and holding the height-toggle up the LR3 will throw a suspension fault and not allow it.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to prevent it from going to normal from access mode. It would be nice seeing as access would be normal ride height thus making the rod mods permanent. I am sure I am way behind here so be patient. I am sure this is due to its programing software. If so is there anyway to write program mods for LR.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRZjoint,
How often do you advise having an alignment done with the mods. And what are the pros and cons of running them all the time and what would happen if you find yourself in deep mud and it wanting to go to super extend mode. Thinking about getting a set and assume you to be quite knowledgeable about them.

I have not got an alignment done and have been running them for some time. I only put them on when I am going to go on the trail. No real cons to running them all the time some guys do. All modes work the same super ext mode ect. just 2" higher in each mode. Some guys have reported a suspension fault after entering super ext mode but If you turn the vehicle off and back on it will boot back up fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4