Sunroof shade - solid instead of mesh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stealther

Reaction score
I purchased the Covercraft UVS100 from Amazon...Have used these in my other vehicles and they are built well and seem to last.

Just be sure to purchase the one specifically made for the LR4!

We bought one of those and I was disappointed at the fit. Large side gaps and the mirror gap is huge.

DaJammer

Reaction score
I didn't think it was too bad. Yes, a little gap at the sides, and a little push to get it seated far down on the windshield in order to get past the mirror, but after a few weeks of use, it seems to be "loosening up" a bit.

I wonder how good the sunshades that are sold from the dealership are? If they are perfect, maybe they are worth the price? Anybody have experience with getting one from the dealership?

Attachments

• IMG_20160728_065952590.jpg
    IMG_20160728_065952590.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20160728_065919484.jpg
    IMG_20160728_065919484.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 53

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can purchase OEM sunshades from LR sellers on ebay for the same price as Amazon's aftermarket shades.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Phoenix, AZ and have no problems with sunroof mesh shade. ( I actually prefer it to a solid one). I do have tint all around ( including three sunroof). I would tint a windshield but it looks like once every 1-2 years I have to replace a windshield because of rocks chips or cracks. ( on both my cars LR4 and S4).
I had windshield tinted on my Audi S4 but few months ago a rock hit the front glass on a highway and it had to be replaced. Now I have no tint on a windshield and I can feel the heat. ( I am afraid that once I put tint on windshield I will get a rock chip and a crack)
3M crystalline tint is excellent and worth the money. Get CR40 all around and CR70 or CR90 for a windshield. This will make a huge difference on a big front glass on our LR4s.
Another great tint would be Spectra Photo Sync ( even more expensive than crystalline).

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Phoenix, AZ and have no problems with sunroof mesh shade. ( I actually prefer it to a solid one). I do have tint all around ( including three sunroof). I would tint a windshield but it looks like once every 1-2 years I have to replace a windshield because of rocks chips or cracks. ( on both my cars LR4 and S4).
I had windshield tinted on my Audi S4 but few months ago a rock hit the front glass on a highway and it had to be replaced. Now I have no tint on a windshield and I can feel the heat. ( I am afraid that once I put tint on windshield I will get a rock chip and a crack)
3M crystalline tint is excellent and worth the money. Get CR40 all around and CR70 or CR90 for a windshield. This will make a huge difference on a big front glass on our LR4s.
Another great tint would be Spectra Photo Sync ( even more expensive than crystalline).

If you are only using the tint for heat why don't you install the tint on the inside of the windshield? This way it would last.

I also have the factory sun shade, it works very well down in the Miami Heat;)

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are only using the tint for heat why don't you install the tint on the inside of the windshield? This way it would last.

I also have the factory sun shade, it works very well down in the Miami Heat;)

I just realized that you were putting the tint on the inside, I'm also on Porsche chat rooms and we put film on the outsides to protect the glass from rocks.

sorry

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how good the sunshades that are sold from the dealership are? If they are perfect, maybe they are worth the price? Anybody have experience with getting one from the dealership?

The OEM shade is awesome. Fits perfect, sturdy, keeps out the heat. Definitely worth the cost.

I have black interior with dark blue exterior, so the shade is a must.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99