Suspension fault after brake change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front pads where changed, when picking it up I saw the yellow light on again. The suspension is ALL NEW, valves, compressor, struts, ***? it was working properly yesterday!!
WHAT A BLOODY JOKE! worst suspension ever, houm don't you even dare saying the system is reliable!! one cannot lift it off the ground without disrupting it ffs!!

anyhow what you guys think? will it be the fifth compressor? yet another sensor? or the rubbish simply got confused when put on the ground again and miscalibrated itself, can that even happen??
off to the dealership tomorrow, 6th time this year or something like that... it's like having a ******-addict daughter

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.....laughing at your comment, not your dilemma.

Let us know what the dealership says. I guess I'd start with a hard reset before changing any hardware. If it's a yellow fault it's not a sensor or bad calibration. What happens when you try to raise or lower it?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it throws the fault of the pressure not venting, first thing they said was "faulty compressor" I told them to **** off, there's no way so many new compressors are faulting, this one has barely one hundred miles on it and was properly installed by them

After arguing with the head mechanic, he said they will fit one of their own stock and if it works they'll fit mine again hoping it runs properly again.

I cannot raise or lower it, the lever light doesn't turn on since the second I put the key in. The lr3 is at the dealership right now, they told me they'll call at around 4pm (central time)
I just got a new job and begin this Monday so needless to say this comes at an unfortunate time.

If I don't hear acceptable news later today, I will escalate this issue to Land Rover head office, I've had enough of the local team tbh, LR Mexico says they are not responsible because the part was bought in the USA, nevertheless it is a genuine LR part so I'm guessing head office will answer.

EDIT: The fault is yellow and turns red after 30mph, then randomly turns yellow again even if exceeding 30 mph, screen reads standard height, special programmes are on and selectable, front left strut slightly lower than front right tho... and if looking closely the rear axle is a bit higher than it should.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....well it's not a calibration or you'd be getting dumped to bumpstops.

Too bad you didn't buy an IIDTool a long ass time ago like we all told you! Then you could just plug that ****** in and see what's wrong without having to deal with those ***** at LR Mexico.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yahh, I was busy spending the money n more important things like air struts and the likes...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably spent more than you needed to....

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@houm no bloody way mate the struts were leaking, an IIDtool cannot seal the leaks, full stop. The compressor... well, who knows perhaps I'm unlucky but most likely it was fault of the rubbish Mexican mechanics who are proper ****.
anyhow, knock on wood (bloody hug and eat wood at this point) everything is fine now and last weekend I showed the landy's power to a mate who's fj was put to shame heheheh.
the reason for this post anyhow is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHKWIJpScRw

most of those fails are due to pathetic drivers but I realised how good the 3 is as I'm by no means a pro offroader yet I've been through similar terrains with the 3 and went with no issues. :adore::adore::adore:

also if anyone cares/remembesr it is now official! I am going to England for a year this autumn and am seriously considering selling my LR3 and using the $£$£$ to buy a soft top 90 defender and import it back to Mexico

if anyone has imported an English vehicle to America before any tips/comments are well welcome

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM