Suspension fault- but no side effects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Past week or two I've been getting a suspension fault. It doesn't change anything, I can still change heights and it levels just fine. Nothing other than the light. It goes off when you shut down and restart, takes about 20-30mins of driving for it to come on. Did a quick search and thinking maybe it's battery related? The battery is 5 years old. It doesn't seem like there's a genuine issue since every works as it should. The front valve block leaks but it raises when you start it, works perfect otherwise. Any ideas?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also had a parking brake fault come on and a check engine come on simultaneously. Turned it off and back on, those didn't come back.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slow leak in the air suspension somewhere probably. You will need to read the codes to determine what it "thinks" is wrong.

I don't use the park brake. You'll need to read the codes once again and see what it thinks is wrong. You will want to find Bodsys brake bible to work on the brake system.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But would that suspension fault come and go? The leak has been there for about a year.
The parking brake and check engine light codes went away as soon as I restarted, drove it a few more hours and they didn't come back.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had the exact same thing, that is how I know. It didn't rear it's ugly head until SCARR. When I went off road, extended height it was happening way more, immediately, then when it went into super extended mode, it sounded like to cats in a bag... squealing and screeching like belts slipping... Problem solved--- leaks in one or more air bags, replaced all 4 air struts, seeing as the rubber was the same age in all of them. Delphi is what I went with.

I kept them, and plan to tear them down and post pictures, probably not here seeing as there is a 20kb limit.

It started out really intermittent, and got gradually more frequently until I figured it out. The codes were coming back "Too many transitions" -- that's why I suggested reading the codes to see what it "thinks" is wrong.

The parking brake may or may not be related. Bodys's brake bible is what you need for that. For now I would pick one problem like the brakes and figure it out, then see where you are, but most likely you have two problems, just to keep you on your toes.

I hope this helps..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112