Suspension Fault..Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is the height sensor is screwing up, mine just did last fall. But like the others said, the compressor could be at fault as well. Does the suspension leak down overnight?

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gap Diagnostics tool non bluetooth version and has worked for me, I have never used a faultmate but it looks like it can do what the GAP tool can do but in a fancier presentation. My GAP tool stays plugged in all the time, and displays voltage on the information center, and it can also diagnose suspension faults. On my rig I use it to turn off suspension when I get a fault (most common for me is "frequent height adjustment" fault), and worst case scenario I have an emergency air up system to individualy inflate each air strut.

I would go with GAP tool, it was delivered quickly, but when you first get it you will have to register it online and enter a code on vehicle.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emergency Air-up System you say? Would you be willing to start a new thread and describe it? Did you create it yourself or is it the one that was being sold overseas? Aussies I think...

domdom

Reaction score
Alright, So I went with the 4DCan from RSW Solutions. Ideally, I'd have the cash to get a FaultMate or GAP tool, but after talking with Story Wilson form RSW. I'll get it sometime in the next couple of days and give her a go. It was $185 but will allow me live diagnostics as well as the capability to clear faults and re-calibrate the suspension. Here's to hoping.

More to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOsuiKTC0zw

domdom

Reaction score
My guess is the height sensor is screwing up, mine just did last fall. But like the others said, the compressor could be at fault as well. Does the suspension leak down overnight?

The suspension does leak down a bit overnight

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your suspension? Could be a leaky compressor, leaking pneumatic junction block, leaking struts... That RSW software mentioned above will help you measure your leak down...

domdom

Reaction score
99K on the suspension... so it's probably time.

domdom

Reaction score
Alright. The RSW 4Dcan is amazing. It only took a minute to get it up and running. Honestly. the most annoying part was using bootcamp on my mac. Bleh.

Now to the codes. I keep having a 'Left Rear Sensor' fault with my air suspension. BUT...When I look at my calibration, it's my right rear axel that is about 20cm lower.

Thoughts?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The calibration on one sensor being off can certainly manifest in some other tire being the one that looks higher or lower. Does this software tool tell you the calibration values? I am not familiar with that product at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90