Suspension Fault..Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domdom

Reaction score
Does this software tool tell you the calibration values? I am not familiar with that product at all.

It does show the values and allows you to recalibrate to the correct values. Actually, you can calibrate the suspension heights to whatever you desire. BTW, what are the correct suspension heights for normal mode? 3 of my tires are in the 186-188 range.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using the IIDTool the normal range for calibration values are between 150 and 250. (If I recall correctly). I'm not sure if that is different with the RSW software. The values relative to each sensor matter too.

domdom

Reaction score
THat's good to know. If anyone can track that down and post, that'd be great. I've ordered the left rear height sensor and will install as soon as it arrives. Then I'll re-check the codes using the RSW system and let you know what's going on.

There were a few other codes on the electrical side of things. Something about 'low voltage' for cruise control. Sound familiar?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound familiar. Say, when you install that new sensor you are likely going to have to re-calibrate the EAS. I hope your user's manual has instructions for that.

domdom

Reaction score
Me too! I'm looking into it now.

Thanks for the heads up.

domdom

Reaction score
Here's the full Results of my last diagnostic done this morning. Let me know if you guys can help me decipher these / trouble shoot.

Thanks a ton!

Air Suspension - Rear Left Corner Valve
Petrol Engine Module - Speed Control Input - Circuit Low
Airbag Control - Ledt Side Restraints Sensor 2
Instruments - Lost Communication with Tire Pressure Monitor
- Lost Communication with Ride Level Control Module
-Lost Communication with Parking Assist Control Module.

Fault Codes - 10F1, 18F1, 19F1, 1CF1, 20F1, 2AF1, 2BF1, 32F1, 58F1, 60F1, 70F1

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greek to me, your best bet is to either talk to your Land Rover Tech or the Support Department of the RSW Software company. I would also try just clearing those out and seeing which of them come back, if any. They seem like "soft faults" to me and I wouldn't lose sleep over them. Latent voltage irregularities and mis-communication on the CANBUS can cause these things and they are inconsequential.

domdom

Reaction score
Good thoughts, Houm_WA. I installed a new rear left sensor, re-calibrated the EAS, and then cleared the faults. It seemed to work for about 5 minutes, but after testing different ride heights there is a new fault titled "Left Rear Corner Valve".

Also, It rained perry heavy here the last couple days and I'm seeing some leaking down each of the front air bag side covers. Does that sound weird?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you could have a leak somewhere...I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. My LR Tech told me (today in fact) that a leaky valve block can generate a fault similar to a bad sensor.

Trynian

Reaction score
Many things can register as a sensor fault. A shock going bad, a shock leak, etc. Anything that disrupts the normal function of the shock motion can cause a sensor fault. At least if you know which corner it is you can focus the attention. How old are the shocks? Might need to replace them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99