Suspension Fault..Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domdom

Reaction score
The shocks are original. It's a 2007 LR3 with 100k. Good thoughts guys, I'll have to get in there and peek at the valve block and shocks. Hoping for the best.

Thanks

billj214

Reaction score
Most of the faults your seeing may be due to low voltage, your compressor will also fault due to low current. Check you battery voltage before throwing any money at the problem. I usually charge my battery overnight and in some cases I reset my ecu by disconnecting battery for 15m.

Good luck.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

domdom

Reaction score
Welp. My battery tested fine. √
Replaced the rear valve block. √

But I still have the flipping fault and the diagnostic still reads "left rear valve block"

So, before I take it in to the landy tech I'm going take the compressor off and clean it up, and check the hose connections.

I look at my live reading stats and it seems my left rear side won't go up high enough, and / or my front right axel won't come down to the height it needs to be at.

Any more ideas?

billj214

Reaction score
You can clean the center valve block located near compressor, practice on the old rear block and keep it for backup. Its supplying the rear block with air so thats your next option. Also i found a kinked air line on my LR4 which at some point may have caused issues.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One easy way to check on the health of the front shocks is to jack the vehicle up until the front wheels are off the ground and then check for contact between either front upper control arm and the shock. If they are touching, that shock is worn out and in that case could cause these symptoms and a slew of faults. Unfortunately I know from experience...

domdom

Reaction score
That's good advice too. Thanks Houm.

Update: I replaced the rear valve block as well as removed and cleaned the reservoir valve. The diagnostic still shows "rear left valve block" fault. The truck will still raise and increments when I clear the faults, but it will not cleanly raise up to off road height without giving me the fault and stopping the adjustment.

Not sure what to do. Lines? New compressor?

billj214

Reaction score
Next step may be replace height sensor or shock itself, there may be some troubleshooting you can do to diagnose it further but it's still cheaper to replace then take it to a shop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90