Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfernandz

Reaction score
My suspension fault light on my 05 SE started to come on recently. The info screen warns "Normal Height Only". I sent it to the dealer and got a call from the service manager yesterday. He said the battery needed to be replaced on the car. I've not had any issues with starting the vehicle, but he says that as the battery wears down, the LR3's have a tendency to give erroneous alarms, particularly the "suspension fault" light. Has anybody else encountered a similar problem? Does this sound right? The battery was covered under warranty, which is nice.

SoCalLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of the electical glitches / faults I was experiencing were from a weak battery in my 2005. After the battery was replaced under warranty, those issues went away.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently began having an HDC fault on startup in the cold. Replaced battery (it was original from Dec. 04). Problem went away.

drstan

Reaction score
I also had a HDC fault on cold mornings ( 0 to 10 degrees) The battery was replaced under warranty and no problems since.

cfernandz

Reaction score
Well I got the car back this weekend. The dealer ended up replacing the battery AND a new compressor. I forgot to mention that my HDC warning dad also been popping on. Anyway, dealer says it was a combination of the 2 issues. I'm not complaining, since it seems to be riding great now. They also replaced all rotors and brake pads while they had it as well as the 45000 service. The brakes came out to $1217.00. I'm gonna gets my wife's LR3 in for brakes next month. Thanks to all.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should read the posts on here about how you're paying triple what you should be for getting the brakes done.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 200 bucks into my brake job done by a mechanic I just did the pads my rotors were good and we reused the sensors

csuramfan

Reaction score
I too have been getting the suspension fault over the past few weeks. But I also have a situation where the vehicle inexplicably raises and/or lowers momentarily before returning to the normal height. No other messages or notifications when this happens. I took it into the dealer and was told the height sensor needs to be replaced. This is a warranty item. However, the recommended brakes (the full monty @$1200+), brake system flush, throttle body cleaning and tire rotation were not warranty.

I guess we will see how the suspension fault gets resolved with the sensorotationrs but I am opting out on everything but the tire rotation which I do need. I am thinking to tackle the brake pads and inspect the rotors this weekend because the $1200+ is a bit crazy to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM