Syntheic Oild for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Synthetic oil that LR provided so far. And today, I was just curious to know what brand they use. They said "AIG Synthetic oil? Not sure what it is..... I was expecting name brand.

So, I asked them if I can bring my own oil and they said no problem.

What Synthetic oil do you experts guys use for your LR3? Or Synthetic is Synthetic and I shouldn't really worry about brand?

m5ccie

Reaction score
I use Castrol Syntec 0w-30 European Formula, also known as German Castrol. You can only find it at Autozone.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
castrol 5 - 50 i think : could be 5- 40

my gut is no delta as long as full synthetic

Drew888

Reaction score
My other car is a lightly modded Legacy GT Spec-B (turbo) and on our message boards it's been proven over more than a years time, and many oil analysis, that Mobil-1 just isn't that good. Frankly, compared to better oil options I wouldn't touch it.
An oil that was in the top 5, and far surpassed Mobil-1, that...for the price/performance I use is Shell Rotella-T 5-40.
The 0-30, 0-40 German Castrol is also very good. Please stay far away from regular 5-30 anything.

BTW, Shell Rotella-T fully synthetic 5-40 can be had at all Wall-Marts for $19/gal.

Last edited:

m5ccie

Reaction score
Isn't the Shell Rotella-T formulated for diesel engines?

lfr

Reaction score
if you can not find motul, mobil all the way, had a mod. turbo car, would consume 1 quart every 3000 miles on conventional mineral oil once I started using mobil 1 full synthetic, I had no more problems never needed to add oil ever again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635